This Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip is easy, delicious, and full of flavor. Make this Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip for your next party, game day, or Super Bowl appetizer.
- 2 12.5 oz cans of chicken or 2.5 cups of finely shredded chicken breasts
- 1 8 oz package light (reduced fat) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Topping Options: Shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled blue cheese, or crumbled feta, and chopped green onion for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and spray an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, shred canned or cooked chicken breast with a fork. Next, add the softened cream cheese, hot sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, and Greek Yogurt to the bowl and stir until fully combined. Make sure you break up any chunks of cream cheese so that it is mixed well.
- Next, add in the garlic powder, onion powder, and chopped green onion, and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish and lightly sprinkle the top with shredded cheddar cheese. (If topping with feta or blue cheese instead, wait until after you’ve baked it to add)*
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the dip is nice and bubbly. I baked mine for 15 minutes, then placed on broil for 2 minutes to get the top nice and golden.
- Garnish the top with green onion and/or cheese of choice if not using cheddar.
- Serve dip with celery sticks, carrots, and tortilla chips, and enjoy!
- This recipe as made is topped with shredded cheddar cheese, but if desired you may use crumbled blue cheese or crumbled feta instead. Simply make the recipe as directed (minus the cheddar cheese) and garnish with desired cheese after baking the dip. All three cheeses are delicious with this dip!
- This recipe can easily be made in the crockpot. First spray crockpot well with non-stick cooking spray or place a liner in the pot. Next, add all the ingredients except the cheddar cheese and stir until combined. Spread evenly in the crockpot and place on low for 3 hours. Remove lid, stir dip, and sprinkle the top with cheese of choice and green onion. Change heat setting to warm and leave covered until cheese has melted on the top. Serve with chips and veggies.
Keywords: healthy buffalo chicken dip, healthier buffalo chicken dip, skinny buffalo chicken dip, lightened buffalo chicken dip, buffalo chicken dip, buffalo chicken dip with greek yogurt, easy buffalo chicken dip, easy chicken dip, healthy chicken dip, game day appetizer, game day dip, super bowl dip, super bowl appetizer