This Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip is so delicious and full of flavor without all the extra calories and fat! Best of all you can make this delicious appetizer in less than 30 minutes time for your next party, game day, or Super Bowl party!
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe (Video Tutorial)
It’s officially what I like to call “appetizer” season and today’s dip recipe is one of my all-time faves! In case you’re on the hunt for a delicious, easy, and healthier dip recipe for an upcoming party, game day celebration, or for the Super Bowl, then you’re in luck.
My Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip is a creamy, flavorful, lightened up dip that you’ll want to serve at every party.
It has all the yummy, spicy flavor of regular buffalo chicken dip, minus all the extra calories, fat, and guilt. Plus this buffalo chicken dip is SO easy to make in less than 30 minutes time.
Serve up my Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip with your favorite veggies and tortilla chips and you are all set with a delicious appetizer for your next party or football game.
Need More Appetizers? You’ll Love These:
- Skinny Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Skinny Chicken Taco Pinwheels
- Easy Cheeseburger Sliders
- Pepperoni Stuffed Cheese Bites
*This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Kindly Unspoken Blog!
Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
As a dip lover, I can’t help but get excited when I discover how to make a recipe both delicious and healthier, like my popular Skinny Spinach Artichoke Dip.
This Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip is lightened up with several simple swaps of ingredients, without any noticeable difference in the flavor and taste.
This dip is SO delicious and crave worthy, and because it’s made with better ingredients you don’t even have to feel guilty about eating it a couple days in a row.
Unlike a lot of recipes you’ll find on the internet, my healthy buffalo chicken dip uses real, whole ingredients, without all the unhealthy additives and preservatives.
But don’t worry, it’s all simple ingredients you can easily pick up on your next trip to the grocery store.
In addition to only needing a few, simple ingredients, this recipe only requires a few kitchen tools which I’ve also listed out below.
Ingredients Used to Make Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- Shredded Chicken Breast (Can Use Canned Chicken, Crockpot or Instant Pot Chicken, or Shredded Rotisserie Chicken)
- Light Cream Cheese
- Hot Sauce (Frank’s or Your Favorite Brand)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Plain, Fat-Free Greek Yogurt
- Green Onion
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Blue Cheese or Feta Cheese, can be substituted, if desired)
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
What Can I Eat Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip With?
- Serve with your favorite dipping veggies, such as celery sticks, carrots, or cucumbers
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita bread, or crackers
- Use leftover dip on a soft tortilla shell, top with veggies, and eat as a delicious wrap!
Can I Make This Buffalo Chicken Dip Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can make this dip up to 2 days ahead of time! To make ahead, simply prepare ingredients as directed and place in your prepared baking dish. Then cover with lid, aluminum foil, or plastic wrap, and refrigerate. Once it’s the day of your party, bake in the oven as directed and enjoy!
Can I Make Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip in the Crockpot?
Yes! This recipe is super easy and non-time consuming to make in the oven, but if you’d like you can certainly make it in the crockpot.
First spray crockpot well with non-stick cooking spray or place a liner in the pot. Next, add all the ingredients except the cheddar cheese and stir until combined. Spread evenly in the crockpot and place on low for 3 hours.
Remove lid, stir dip, and sprinkle the top with cheese of choice and green onion. Change heat setting to warm and leave covered until cheese has melted on the top. Serve with chips and veggies.
How Long Can I Store Leftover Buffalo Chicken Dip?
This dip can be stored covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
How Can I Reheat This Dip?
To reheat the entire dish, bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes or until warm. You may also microwave individual servings for 30 seconds – 1 minute until warm.
This Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip is easy, delicious, and full of flavor. Make this Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip for your next party, game day, or Super Bowl appetizer.
- 2 12.5 oz cans of chicken or 2.5 cups of finely shredded chicken breasts
- 1 8 oz package light (reduced fat) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Topping Options: Shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled blue cheese, or crumbled feta, and chopped green onion for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and spray an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, shred canned or cooked chicken breast with a fork. Next, add the softened cream cheese, hot sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, and Greek Yogurt to the bowl and stir until fully combined. Make sure you break up any chunks of cream cheese so that it is mixed well.
- Next, add in the garlic powder, onion powder, and chopped green onion, and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish and lightly sprinkle the top with shredded cheddar cheese. (If topping with feta or blue cheese instead, wait until after you’ve baked it to add)*
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the dip is nice and bubbly. I baked mine for 15 minutes, then placed on broil for 2 minutes to get the top nice and golden.
- Garnish the top with green onion and/or cheese of choice if not using cheddar.
- Serve dip with celery sticks, carrots, and tortilla chips, and enjoy!
- This recipe as made is topped with shredded cheddar cheese, but if desired you may use crumbled blue cheese or crumbled feta instead. Simply make the recipe as directed (minus the cheddar cheese) and garnish with desired cheese after baking the dip. All three cheeses are delicious with this dip!
- This recipe can easily be made in the crockpot. First spray crockpot well with non-stick cooking spray or place a liner in the pot. Next, add all the ingredients except the cheddar cheese and stir until combined. Spread evenly in the crockpot and place on low for 3 hours. Remove lid, stir dip, and sprinkle the top with cheese of choice and green onion. Change heat setting to warm and leave covered until cheese has melted on the top. Serve with chips and veggies.
Keywords: healthy buffalo chicken dip, healthier buffalo chicken dip, skinny buffalo chicken dip, lightened buffalo chicken dip, buffalo chicken dip, buffalo chicken dip with greek yogurt, easy buffalo chicken dip, easy chicken dip, healthy chicken dip, game day appetizer, game day dip, super bowl dip, super bowl appetizer
Check this post next:
I hope you enjoyed today’s recipe for my Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip and will give this a try soon! Are you a fan of dips and appetizers? What’s your favorite for parties? Let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for stopping by! – Cara