This Instant Pot Hamburger Soup is an easy and healthy soup for when you’re craving a healthier comfort food and is Whole30 and Paleo approved! Make this instant pot soup in under an hour using ground beef, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, and fresh herbs and seasonings.
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef (90% lean or above)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Small Bag of Baby Carrots
- 6 Medium Red Potatoes, diced into large chunks with skin on
- 3 cups Low Sodium, Organic Beef Broth *
- 1 15-ounce can low sodium diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 16-ounce can low-sodium or no salt added tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Turn the instant pot on to the Sauté setting and add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Once the instant pot is heated, add the lean ground beef and the onions, and break up the meat into chunks until fully cooked. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, as desired. Do not drain the meat.*
- Next add the baby carrots and diced potatoes, dry seasonings, and beef broth and stir until all ingredients are mixed evenly.
- Dump in the cans of diced tomatoes and tomato sauce on top and do not stir.
- Close the lid and set the steam release knob on the instant pot to the sealing position.
- Cancel the sauté setting and set the pressure cooker to manual and high for 7 minutes. This will take several minutes to come to pressure.
- Once the cooking cycle is finished, let the pot sit undisturbed for 15 minutes for the natural release. Then carefully, release the remaining steam manually, by turning the steam release knob to the venting position. Be careful!
- Stir the soup well to incorporate the tomatoes and sauce throughout.
- Serve with a side of green beans and enjoy your delicious and healthy hamburger soup!
- If you’re using lean ground beef (90 or above) it is not necessary to drain the meat. If you opt to use something like 80/20, cook up the ground beef first, drain, then add the onions.
- Make sure you check all the ingredients on your beef broth to ensure Whole30 compliancy. I find mine at my local Sams Club.
- If you’re not on Whole 30, feel free to add in a bag of frozen mixed vegetables with green beans, corn, and peas.
- Celery can be added to this recipe for an extra crunch
Keywords: hamburger soup, instant pot hamburger soup, healthy hamburger soup, healthy instant pot hamburger soup, whole30 hamburger soup, whole30 soup, easy hamburger soup, instant pot soup