- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and powdered sugar until creamy. Add in baking powder, salt, and flour half cup at a time and mix until the dough is smooth and soft.
- Flatten the cookie dough into a disk, wrap tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- For the cinnamon roll filling, combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Separate the chilled dough into two equal halves and roll each disk out 1/4 inch thick and about 15″ x 4″ in length and width (although it doesn’t have to be perfect).
- Spread 2 tablespoons of softened butter on each dough log and sprinkle with 1/2 of the brown sugar cinnamon mixture, gently pressing it into the dough.
- Beginning with one long edge, roll the dough into a tight log slowly, being careful to avoid cracks in the dough. If that happens, smooth it out and continue rolling tightly.
- Next, use a sharp knife or pizza cutter and slice the dough into 1 inch pieces (about 15 cookies per log).
- Place cinnamon roll cookies 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes. Your cookies will still be pale in color, but they will continue cooking on the baking sheet while cooling.
Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely before glazing.
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- Combine the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until thick and smooth.
- Add the vanilla and milk until the glaze is a drizzle consistency.
- Use a piping bag to drizzle lines on each cookie.