Try my Homemade Easy Strawberry Cobbler Dessert for the best strawberry cobbler ever! This old fashioned, Southern fruit cobbler recipe is made with fresh strawberries and a homemade cake batter and baked to perfection in the oven. Top it with some vanilla ice cream for a delicious strawberry dessert!
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, cleaned and diced
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice or orange juice
Cobbler Cake Batter
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1/3–1/2 cup sugar (if strawberries are sweeter in season use 1/3 cup)
- 1 cup whole milk, warm
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- Prepare strawberries by washing, de-stemming, and cutting strawberries with a paring knife. I prefer smaller more bite-size pieces of strawberry in my cobbler so I like to dice them into quarters, but you can leave the strawberries whole or slice them in half, if preferred.
- Place cut strawberries in a mixing bowl with 1/3 cup sugar and fresh lemon juice (or orange juice) and gently stir until combined. You don’t have to stir it long, just long enough that the strawberries are evenly coated in sugar.
- Once combined together it will be an almost-syrup like mixture. To ensure your cobbler isn’t mushy or runny, I recommend draining off some of the excess strawberry syrup liquid before adding on top of your cobbler batter.
- Next, preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 casserole dish (or something similar) with melted butter or non-stick spray. I used an oval dish like this or you could even use a cast-iron.
- In a large mixing bowl use a whisk to combine melted butter, sugar, milk that has been warmed for 30-45 seconds in the microwave, and vanilla extract. Once mixed, add in flour and gently stir until just combined. A few lumps are okay and you don’t want to overmix it.
- Pour cobbler cake batter into prepared baking dish. Evenly top with strawberries and do not stir.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the cobbler crust is a light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes before serving warm.
- If desired, top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!
- Strawberry cobbler is best enjoyed fresh the same day, but leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Re-heat individual servings in the microwave for 30 seconds – 1 minute or until warm.
Keywords: homemade strawberry cobbler dessert, easy strawberry cobbler dessert, easy strawberry cobbler, homemade strawberry cobbler, fresh strawberry cobbler, old fashioned strawberry cobbler, southern strawberry cobbler, best strawberry cobbler, strawberry fruit cobbler, cakey strawberry cobbler, strawberry dessert