Check out my Best M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe and Video for soft, chewy, and delicious cookies! These Easy M&M Cookies have crispy edges, a soft and chewy center, and are loaded with colorful M&Ms and delicious chocolate chips.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&Ms, plus more for top if desired
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric hand mixer to cream the butter until smooth.
- Next, add in sugar and brown sugar and mix with electric mixer for about 1 minute, until creamy. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix for about 30 seconds until incorporated.
- Next, slowly add in self-rising flour 1/2 cup at a time and mix with electric mixer until just combined.
- Lastly, gently fold in chocolate chips and M&M’s by hand using a non-stick spatula. Stir until evenly incorporated.
- Cover and place cookie dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill.
- Once dough has chilled, remove from the fridge and use a small or medium cookie scoop or hands to shape into balls.
- Line large cookie sheets with parchment paper and place cookie dough balls evenly spaced apart on your cookie sheet, allowing enough room in between for the cookies to spread.
- If you prefer a flatter, chewier cookie, slightly flatten the tops of each ball with the bottom of a glass. If you prefer a softer, more cake-like cookie, do not flatten.
- If desired, add a few extra M&M’s on top of each of your cookie dough balls. You can do this either before or immediately after baking.
- Place in a 375 degree preheated oven and bake for 8-12 minutes or until the sides and bottom are a light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Butter – Make sure your butter is softened to room temperature but not overly soft or melted. I usually set mine out a couple hours before I want to make my cookies. I personally use unsalted butter for these cookies but you can use salted if you prefer.
How Long to Chill Dough – I recommend chilling your cookie dough for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator prior to baking. This helps ensure your cookies won’t spread out too thin and will help achieve a more soft, chewy texture. You can also make ahead the night before and chill overnight for baking the next day.
How to Store Cookies – Once fully cooled, store leftover chocolate chip cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
How to Freeze Dough – Cookie dough can be frozen for up to 3 months. I recommend shaping into balls and placing in a freezer safe bag that way you can easily bake them from frozen. Once ready to eat, remove from freezer, and bake as directed, adding an additional 1-2 minutes baking time if needed.
Keywords: M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies, M&M Cookies, M&M Cookies with Chocolate Chips, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Easy Cookies, Cookies with M&Ms, Christmas Cookies with M&Ms