These delicious peanut butter chocolate chip bars are made in a 13×9 pan using a cake mix, creamy peanut butter, cream cheese, and topped with semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- 1 package white or yellow cake mix
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (divided)
- 1 egg
- 1 package cream cheese (8 ounces)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and spray 13 x 9 x 2 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cake mix, 2/3 cup of peanut butter, and egg in large mixing bowl, until crumbly.
- Press crumb mixture with a fork into greased baking pan, until evenly spread.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/3 cup of peanut butter with electric mixer until smooth. Slowly add in milk and sugar until fully incorporated.
- Carefully pour cream cheese and peanut butter mixture over crust. Spread evenly and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and center is set.
- Let bars cool completely before cutting. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
*Use a plastic knife to cut the bars clean.
Keywords: peanut butter chocolate chip bars, chocolate chip peanut butter bars, chocolate chip bars, peanut butter bars, cake mix bars, peanut butter chocolate chip cake mix bars, easy dessert bars