This Easy Stuffing Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole is the best breakfast casserole! Made with ground sausage, cubed stuffing, eggs, cheddar cheese, and seasonings for a delicious, easy weekend breakfast casserole or egg brunch bake.
- 1 lb hot ground sausage*, browned and drained
- 4 cups herb-seasoned cubed stuffing
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (plus a little sprinkled on top, if desired)
- 1 tsp onion and herb seasoning (plus a little sprinkled on top, if desired)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a 13×9 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large, non-stick skillet cook ground sausage over medium-high heat until fully cooked, and drain well.
- Pour cooked sausage and cubed stuffing into greased baking dish and stir until combined.
- In a microwave-safe bowl combine chicken broth and butter and heat until melted. Pour evenly over the stuffing and sausage.
- Next, sprinkle the top evenly with shredded cheddar cheese.
- In a large mixing bowl beat 10 eggs and mix together with milk, pepper, and onion & herb seasoning.
- Pour mixture on top in the casserole dish and if desired sprinkle a little more pepper and onion and herb seasoning.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes and let the casserole cool for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- *You can easily substitute mild sausage for hot sausage if you prefer, but the hot adds the perfect amount of flavor without being spicy.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- To re-heat casserole place in the oven at 325 for 10-15 minutes or until warm. You can also put foil on the top to avoid the top getting too brown.
- Freeze breakfast casserole in the freezer for up to 3 months. You can freeze either a whole casserole in a freezer safe dish or individual servings in an airtight container or freezer safe bag. Once ready to eat, thaw a day ahead in the refrigerator. Bake whole casserole in the oven at 325 for 25-30 minutes or reheat individual servings in the microwave until warm.
Keywords: Stuffing Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole, Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole, Stuffing Casserole, Stuffing Sausage Casserole, Stuffing Egg Bake, Egg Brunch Bake, Egg Breakfast Casserole, Breakfast Casserole with Bread, Breakfast Casserole with Stuffing, Stuffing Recipes, Stuffing Breakfast Recipes, Easy Breakfast Casserole, Sausage and Egg Casserole