My 2nd Birthday
Hey Everyone! Today’s my Birthday, and in honor of the special occasion I thought I would share 26 facts about me with you. I’m so thankful for another wonderful year full of blessings and amazing memories, and I can’t wait to see what #26 has in store for me.
26 Facts on My 26th Birthday
1. Becoming a mother (twice!) has been the most incredible gift I could ever ask for.
2. I met my husband when I was 16 at my first job (Pizza Hut). He was a cook and I waitressed (I know, I know super romantic!)
3. Although I tend to be quiet/cautious when I first meet someone, I am extremely down-to-earth and will talk to anyone.
4. I believe politeness is key in life. Not saying please, thank-you, and you’re welcome is just plain rude.
5. I am a highly analytical person, translating to: I tend to overthink things, a lot.
6. I’ve lived in Virginia for most of my life, but I was born in North Carolina (Army Brat).
7. I completed all of my degrees at an accelerated rate. Associate of Arts & Science (Journalism)- 1 year; Bachelor of Arts (Communication Arts)- 14 months; Master of Arts (Managerial Communications)- 18 months
8. I love all things butterflies and my obsession has carried with me over the years. Butterfly jewelry, décor, and accessories? Yes, please.
9. I don’t really have a favorite color, but if I had to pick a top three it would be pink, black, and red.
10. I can’t drive a stick shift. My husband tried to teach me when I was 17 in the parking lot where we both worked and within 2 minutes told me to get out of the truck.
11. I hate roller coasters, so I’m not really that fun at amusement parks.
12. I hate rainy days, but love rainy nights. There’s something so calming about sleeping while it’s raining.
13. I’m a lover of all music genres. Pop, Rock, Country, Blues, Alternative, R&B, Rap, Classical, and Bluegrass (hey, it’s in my roots), I love it all.
14. Speaking of music, I listen to it excessively loud and regularly jam out in my car. I’ll probably live to regret it when I get older and my hearing is shot, but oh well.
15. I lived in Japan for a short while when my husband was stationed there in the Navy. It was awesome and the food and shopping was my favorite part.
16. I didn’t really start wearing makeup until I was around 15. Even then it was only the basics: foundation, mascara, and lip-gloss.
17. My favorite TV shows include Lost, One Tree Hill, Gilmore Girls, Dexter, and Breaking Bad
18. I love the Harry Potter series and have re-watched it at least 5 or 6 times. My greatest victory was getting my husband who “would never watch those movies” to not only watch it but ask me to re-watch it with him a year later. 🙂
19. Caramel anything is my favorite.
20. I HAVE to have 8-9 hours of sleep a night, or I’m very irritable/cranky.
21. I would eat a doughnut for breakfast everyday if I knew I wouldn’t gain 50 lbs.
22. Other than an occasional apple cider, I don’t drink and have never been drunk. (I have control issues, okay?-haha)
23. I wish I had a reason to wear a dress every day.
24. Ski lifts seriously freak me out! The last time I was on one, I had to close my eyes the entire time and semi-almost had a panic attack.
25. My favorite flowers are white & pink daisies
26. People often mistake my sarcasm/sense of humor for something else…
A trip down memory lane…
I was always the toddler getting into things, like the bathtub with my clothes on…
Climbing on the table after breakfast and eating the leftover biscuits and gravy when no one was looking…
Thinking it was funny to climb out of the chair the wrong way and then getting stuck…
But did I mention I looked really cute in pig tails?
So that’s me in a nutshell and that was a glimpse into my super fun toddler years. Hope you enjoyed learning more about me and maybe you can relate to some of it!
This will be my last post on the blog this week so that I can enjoy some time off with my family, and I would encourage all of you to take some time off to enjoy yours as well.
Wishing Everyone a Very Merry Christmas, and Thanks So Much for Stopping By! – Cara