It’s been a busy week so far, and it’s only Wednesday. I had originally planned a different post for today, but due to out of town travel for work I wasn’t able to complete it yet.
I do want to let you all know that I’ve recently picked up several new beauty products that I’m super stoked to try out and I will have several tutorials and reviews posted in the coming weeks. So please follow along with me if you’re interested!
For today I thought I would share some random facts about me, so you can get to know me a little better.
5 Random Facts About Me
1. I prefer pajamas over real clothes any day. I might be a total girly-girl who loves to dress up, but when I’m home I slightly resemble a homeless person and live in my pajamas from the moment I walk through the door each evening. And no, they’re not the cute pajamas either, they’re mostly old tattered t-shirts with holes, paint, and stains on them that I’ve had for years and years. They may not look like much, but man oh man are they super soft.
2. I can’t sew. My mom has tried to teach me several times and I understand the general concept, but I’ve never really sat down and tried to practice to get any better at it. My mom is a rock star when it comes to sewing and she makes the most beautiful hand-stitched quilts. Seriously, if I could have just 1/4 of her ability when it comes to sewing it would be amazing.
Trip Around the World Quilt Courtesy of My Mom
3. I am a list-maker in all aspects of my life. At work you will always find lists on my desk of tasks I need to complete, and the same goes at home. I guess this goes hand in hand with the fact that I am a neat freak and a highly organized person. Something that does not have a place or purpose (like all the 87,000 items my husband constantly leaves on the kitchen counter) bugs me beyond belief.
4. I rarely buy anything that is full price. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I know 9 times out of 10 it will go on sale, or the fact that I’m
cheap frugal. Whatever it is, you can bet your bottom dollar I won’t be purchasing it unless it is highly discounted or truly worth the investment. When I have purchased something full price, I usually have buyer’s remorse when two days later I see that it went on sale.
5. I love to sing and my boys and husband can attest I sing ALL the time at home, in the car, while outside etc. I’ve pretty much been singing non-stop since age 3, and after graduating high school I actually won and placed in different singing competitions while living in Oklahoma. Once I started a family, though, I decided to put singing competitions on the back burner for a while. Is it still a dream of mine? Absolutely. Will I ever try out for the Voice? You know what they say, never say never.
Hope you enjoyed reading 5 random facts about me. I’d love to hear yours!
real clothes are for chumps! unfortunately, after 10 glorious months off of work, i’ve had to get back to putting on a bra and pants and it sucks so much bag i can’t even handle it. you know the second i get home, pants/bra comes off and on go the PJs!!
Haha I know what you mean! The real struggle happens when you have to start wearing jeans as opposed to yoga pants/pajamas. You’re like “Oh maybe I shouldn’t have ate that second piece of cake”- Haha, thanks for commenting!
I love random facts posts! It’s so fun to learn more about you and see how we relate….like PJS! Yas girl to those pjs, I thought that maybe when I got married I would wear, ya know…cuter pjs but heck no! Still HUGE tee shirts and shorts ha! Sad but true. SO glad you get me!
Linds @ Not A Mom
Haha, I’m so glad I’ve found others that share my taste in PJ’s. I’ve tried wearing the cuter stuff but I usually end up changing cause it’s just not as comfy.
So all of these are exactly me, except for #5. I can’t sing, so I don’t. However, the pjs, the lists, and the sale-shopping are me. Plus, my husband has tried to teach me how to sew and I still cannot. It’s awful.
I hate that I can’t sew because it would be such a useful skill to have, but for the life of me I can’t thread a straight line-haha
Girl, I feel your pain. My husband, bless his heart, is a “spreader.” He will spread his clutter everywhere if I do not keep it in check. The counter is one of the areas he is notorious for junking up and it drives me nuts. I give him a countdown, starting around 3 days out. He has until the countdown is over to sort through his stuff, decide what he needs and so forth. If he does not by the end of the last day, then I take care of it by way of sweeping everything into the garbage can and proclaiming, “Voila!” LOL!
Fun list! Have a great evening!
Haha that’s a great idea! Will have to try that the next time he clutters up the counter. Thanks for commenting 🙂
I am totally a list maker as well! I also wear comfy clothes if I’m not leaving the house that day!
I can’t stay on task without lists, especially in a grocery store lol.
I refuse to buy things that aren’t on sale! Even when it comes to grocery shopping and other necessities. I try to stock up when they do go on sale so I never have to pay full price!
I’m like that too Donna. I always love to stock up on staple items for my pantry. Thanks for commenting!
Just wanted to take second to say I love your blog design. So clean and refreshing. I have a confession…I’ve always been known for being dressed up and looking fashionable where ever I go, but in the last year, I’ve transitioned into complete comfy over cuteness mode. Workout gear is my go-to look now. I feel like such a bum, but my day is always the same. Get up, go to class, study at the library for a few hours, come home and take the dog out, and go to work. I just want to feel comfortable. Yes, I’m one of those who have turned workout gear into my daily wear lol. Don’t shame me :/
Kaitlyn @ Kaitlyn-danielle.blogspot.com
Thanks Kaitlyn! I’ve went through phases like that too, and it’s completely understandable when you have a lot on your plate. And I’m all about comfort even if it’s fashionable- No judging here 🙂
This was such a fun & entertaining read! Throughly enjoyed it!-Katelyn xox
I am the same way about pajamas at home! As soon as I get home, I change into the most socially unacceptable yet comfy clothes ever 🙂
Haha,I’m glad to know there are others like me out there 🙂
i sing all the time too but not well haha!
Haha hey it’s fun regardless of how it sounds 😉 Thanks for commenting! Checking out your blog now!
The second I walk in my house I am dropping my pants and grabbing my nike shorts and a tshirt. I hate clothes lol. And I rarely buy things full price as well. I mean, there are always sales so why pay more?!?!?!
Haha that sounds like me! Unless I have plans to go somewhere I’m immediately in pajamas.
Tuesdays are my day off from the office, I work from home on my small business stuff, and I rarely change out of the PJs until the end of the day! (if then!) Comfiness. 🙂 My mom taught me to sew in the most basic way, but I wish I had more developed skills!! Seriously, on my pre-kiddo list. We’ll see how that goes! Yes, so not a full-price purchaser either! 🙂 XO -Alexandra
Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things
Pajamas are the best! I just hate answering the doors to strangers though, haha I’m sure people think I’m a total bum when I do. Thanks for commenting! Checking out your blog now 🙂
This was such a fun post to read! I NEVER buy anything full price either, I just can’t bear to do it. And that is so awesome you’ve won singing competitions, always wish I was musically inclined! Loved this! XO -Kim
Thank-you! It’s just not in my DNA to buy full price-haha!
I really need to learn how to sew too. Especially because I still take my dresses and pants home to my mom to hem…Thanks for linking up!
I’m guilty of that as well. Thanks for letting me link up 🙂