It’s been an extremely busy week so far, and it’s only Wednesday. I had originally planned a different post for today, but due to out of town travel for work I wasn’t able to complete it yet.
I do want to let you all know that I’ve recently picked up several new beauty products that I’m super stoked to try out and I will have several tutorials and reviews posted in the coming weeks. So please follow along with me if you’re interested!
For today I thought I would share some random facts about me, so you can get to know me a little better.
5 Random Facts About Me
1. I prefer pajamas over real clothes any day. I might be a total girly-girl who loves to dress up, but when I’m home I slightly resemble a homeless person and live in my pajamas from the moment I walk through the door each evening. And no, they’re not the cute pajamas either, they’re mostly old tattered t-shirts with holes, paint, and stains on them that I’ve had for years and years. They may not look like much, but man oh man are they super soft.
2. I can’t sew. My mom has tried to teach me several times and I understand the general concept, but I’ve never really sat down and tried to practice to get any better at it. My mom is a rock star when it comes to sewing and she makes the most beautiful hand-stitched quilts. Seriously, if I could have just 1/4 of her ability when it comes to sewing it would be amazing.
Trip Around the World Quilt Courtesy of My Mom
3. I am a list-maker in all aspects of my life. At work you will always find lists on my desk of tasks I need to complete, and the same goes at home. I guess this goes hand in hand with the fact that I am a neat freak and a highly organized person. Something that does not have a place or purpose (like all the 87,000 items my husband constantly leaves on the kitchen counter) bugs me beyond belief.
4. I rarely buy anything that is full price. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I know 9 times out of 10 it will go on sale, or the fact that I’m
cheap frugal. Whatever it is, you can bet your bottom dollar I won’t be purchasing it unless it is highly discounted or truly worth the investment. When I have purchased something full price, I usually have buyer’s remorse when two days later I see that it went on sale.
5. I love to sing and my boys and husband can attest I sing ALL the time at home, in the car, while outside etc. I’ve pretty much been singing non-stop since age 3, and after graduating high school I actually won and placed in different singing competitions while living in Oklahoma. Once I started a family, though, I decided to put singing competitions on the back burner for a while. Is it still a dream of mine? Absolutely. Will I ever try out for the Voice? You know what they say, never say never.
Hope you enjoyed reading 5 random facts about me. I’d love to hear yours!