It’s hard to believe tomorrow is the first day of September and the first day of Fall is just a few weeks away. But I had a fun Summer with the family and good things are happening all around. New opportunities are on the horizon for me with this blog, and in just a few more days I’ll begin a new role where I work. I can’t spill all the details just yet, but I’m super excited to announce that I’ve been promoted. 🙂
I’ve worked extremely hard for the last 6 months, and it feels so good to know that hard work truly does pay off. Also, as a young, female professional it can be easy to sometimes doubt your abilities and feel like you’re less important than others in your field, but we are equally worthy.
Anyways, on a lighter note I’ll now share my deepest, darkest secrets for the month in my August Confessions!
- The Fall food season is my absolute favorite. Give me all the pumpkin spice and caramel flavored stuff, please! Also, Cranberry Sprite is my jam and if you haven’t tried it, do so ASAP.
- I sometimes buy items at the grocery store pretending it’s “for the kids” but in reality they won’t eat it all and I totally know it. 😉
- I often wonder why on days I have on the rattiest t-shirts and pajamas, everybody and their momma rings my doorbell, but on days where I’m dressed to the nines, I have zero human contact lol.
- I wish shoe companies would make adult tennis shoes more sparkly/pretty like all the girls shoes I see in stores. Just because you’re an adult doesn’t mean you can’t have bows, sparkles, and hearts on your shoes.
- I literally die a little inside every time my car accidentally runs over a dead animal in the road. I literally do all I can to avoid running it over, but sometimes it’s inevitable. The thump makes me cringe.
- It never ceases to amaze me how I’ll “google” cookie recipes and next thing I know I’m watching youtube videos of baby giraffes playing soccer. You’re good google and youtube, you’re good.
Pet Peeve of the Week
I can’t help but roll my eyes a little when someone makes light of blogging with comments like “Oh you blog? That’s cute.” Blogging is seriously hard work and to me is very much like being a small business owner. If people realized how much time commitment goes into creating posts, I think they would seriously think twice before spouting out demeaning comments like “That’s cute.”
Hope you guys have an amazing Labor Day Weekend! Share your latest confessions with me in the comments! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!-Cara