Check out this list of the Best Affordable Makeup Brushes + Sets with high quality, drugstore makeup brushes and affordable makeup brushes on Amazon and at Ulta.
The Best Affordable Makeup Brushes + Sets
There are a lot of people that will tell you that you need to drop a ton of $$$ to get the best makeup brushes. Thankfully, I am not one of those people and today I’ve rounded up The Best Affordable Makeup Brushes + Sets all of which are under $30.
After trying out so many makeup brushes over the years, I discovered that you don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars to get the best makeup brushes and makeup brush sets.
Instead, the best affordable makeup brushes and makeup brush sets can easily be found at the drugstore or even on Amazon, saving you a ton of money. (Which means you can buy more makeup – yay!)
In case you’ve been on the hunt for the best affordable makeup brushes, then keep reading for my top recommendations for both individual makeup brushes and affordable makeup brush sets.
Related Posts You’ll Love:
*This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Kindly Unspoken Blog!
The Best Affordable Makeup Brushes + Sets
Makeup brushes are one of the easiest ways to elevate your makeup skills, and having the right makeup brushes can help you apply foundation, powder, and eyeshadow more seamlessly for a beautifully blended look.
In today’s post, I’ve rounded up both the best affordable makeup brushes and affordable makeup brush sets to help you find the best brushes for your specific needs. This list is perfect for both beginners and professionals looking for affordable makeup brush recommendations, and will help you achieve easy makeup application.
I personally love the value in brush sets as they are a budget-friendly way to get all the brushes you need in one kit, and you can find kits for specific areas such as they eyes, face, or lips.
However, if a kit doesn’t have everything you’re looking for (or has a bunch of brushes you don’t need/want), you can easily build your own personalized set by buying individual makeup brushes. Check out this Helpful Makeup Brush Guide for tips on knowing which brushes to buy.
Best Budget-Friendly Makeup Brushes
Best Flat Top Foundation Brushes (For Buffing)
- Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki Brush – This awesome brush is a bit of a splurge compared to the others below but well worth it in my book. I’ve used this foundation brush for several years now and it is hands down THE best makeup brush for buffing out your foundation flawlessly.
- Practk by Sigma Beauty Angled Foundation – If you aren’t able to splurge on the brush above, this one is a more affordable option that costs less than $10, and the angled design helps achieve perfect, even coverage.
- EcoTools Ultimate Buff Brush – This affordable brush has quickly grown to be a favorite of mine in the last couple months and it feels like velvet on the skin. It does come in a value set with two other brushes that work great for applying concealer and blush/bronzer, making it a great deal.
Best Powder Brush
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Powder Brush – This flat top powder brush has been one of my ride or die favorite brushes for years now. It’s a great multi-use brush to have in your collection as it works for applying both powder or liquid foundation, and blending out bronzer/blush. It’s also only $6!
- wet n wild Large Powder Brush – wet n wild has always been one of my favorite drugstore makeup brands and their brushes also do not disappoint. This large powder brush is used regularly in my collection for applying bronzer or powder to my face. The brush handle itself is also super pretty!
Best Concealer Brush
- EcoTools Ultimate Concealer Trio – I used to use makeup sponges to blend out my concealer, but after being frustrated with the level of coverage and creasing, I switched over to this amazing brush set and am so happy I did! These brushes are perfect for getting more precise coverage and my concealer doesn’t crease up like it used to. These brushes are also great for color correcting and spot concealing blemishes on the face.
Best Brushes for Contouring/Blush
- Sigma Large Angled Contour – I’m a firm believer in multi-use products and this brush works amazing for both contouring and applying blush. The angled shape glides perfectly along the cheekbone for precision.
- Bristles Beauty Blush Brush – If you’re just looking for a blush brush, this one from Bristles Beauty is my absolute favorite. The bristles are insanely soft and it’s great for applying more natural looking blush on the cheekbones.
- wet n wild Flat Contour Brush – A contour brush for less than $5? Yes, please! The shape of this contour brush is perfect for helping define/chisel out the cheekbones.
Best Highlighter/Setting Brush
- Morphe 510 Pro Round Blender Brush – This affordable makeup brush from Morphe is THE best highlighter brush and is only $10! The small size makes it easy to apply the product exactly where you want it, without making a mess like larger brushes can sometimes do. I personally own a couple of these and use one for highlighter and one for setting the undereye area with setting powder.
Best Eyeshadow Brushes
When it comes to the best eyeshadow brushes, you want a brush that’s going to blend everything out seamlessly, and brushes that allow you better control with application. These 6 brushes are the ones I swear by and use constantly, and even better they’re all very affordable!
- Morphe M441 Pro Firm Blending Crease Brush
- Sigma Beauty E40 Tapered Blending Brush (Save 10% Off with KINDLY10)
- Morphe M433 Pro Firm Blending Brush
- Sigma Beauty E25 Blending Brush (Save 10% Off with KINDLY10)
- Karity E31 Domed Blending Brush (Save 10% Off with KINDLY10)
- Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush
Best Liner Brush
- Sigma Beauty E06 Winged Liner Brush (Save 10% Off with KINDLY10) – I use this brush all the time for applying winged liner with gel liner and eyeshadow, and also use it for applying liner to my inner rim. It works amazing and always applies everything with such precision.
Best Makeup Sponges
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge – These are my favorite face sponges for applying foundation and they’re super affordable! I also love the mini sized ones for applying concealer.
The Best Affordable Makeup Brush Sets
Best Makeup Brush Set For the Face
- EcoTools 360 Ultimate Blend Brush Set – If you want your foundation to look flawless, then you need to buy this affordable makeup brush set. The densely packed brush heads blend everything out effortlessly and the velvet soft texture feels amazing on the skin.
- EcoTools Ultimate Concealer Trio – The best affordable makeup brushes for concealing/correcting the undereye area and covering up blemishes. Definitely a staple to have in your makeup collection!
Best Makeup Brush Set For the Eyes
- Karity Eye Basics Brush Set (Save 10% Off with KINDLY10) – These brushes are super soft, great quality, and do an amazing job at blending out your eyeshadow. This affordable set comes with everything you need for creating a basic eye makeup look and is great for beginners.
Best Travel-Friendly Makeup Brush Set
- wet n wild Brush Roll 17-Piece Set – In my opinion, wet n wild brushes are the best affordable makeup brushes at the drugstore, and this 17-piece set comes in a convenient brush roll that’s perfect for traveling! I use so many of these regularly and would definitely recommend this set to beginners or to anyone who is on a budget looking for some awesome makeup brushes.
Best Value Set With Everything You Need
- BH Cosmetics 11 Piece Brush Set – Last but not least on this list is one of my favorite brush sets from BH Cosmetics. They have some of the prettiest makeup brush sets (great for gifting) and you can get all the essentials for your face and eyes for less than $30. I own several brushes from them and have been very impressed with how they perform and hold up.
P.S. Don’t forget the most important rule with makeup brushes – clean them regularly! Check out my easy guide over here on How to Clean Makeup Brushes.
I hope you enjoyed today’s post with The Best Affordable Makeup Brushes + Sets, and hope you found some awesome new makeup brushes to add to your collection! Do you have a favorite makeup brush? Let me know below!
Thanks for stopping by! – Cara
Pin This Post