Check out this Emergency Food List with what foods to buy during pandemics like Coronavirus, emergencies, and disasters. This printable shopping list has non perishable foods and shelf stable foods that will last through a quarantine.
Coronavirus Emergency Food List – What to Buy
Hey everyone! Today I’ve put together an Emergency Food List with the best groceries to buy during emergencies, disasters, and pandemics such as COVID 19.
With the current Coronavirus pandemic around the world and many individuals and families wondering what items to stock up on, I wanted to put together a helpful emergency food list of healthy non perishable foods and essentials to help keep everyone safe and well.
I know many communities (including ours) have closed schools and are advising families to stay home, which means stocking up on a minimum of 2 weeks worth of groceries, as advised by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
As we’ve personally dealt with power outages from hurricanes, our family always tries to maintain a mini emergency stockpile of non perishable items, and this list is what I always use to shop with.This emergency food list is full of non-perishable food items with a long shelf life as well as fresh food items that will list for a week or more.
The beauty in non-perishable food items is they don’t require refrigeration and can be bought in advance and stored for long periods of time. Remember, you can also store fresh food items in the freezer for future use in order to avoid food waste.
- Look over your pantry, fridge, and freezer and use the list below to fill in the gaps.
- Don’t panic and overbuy items for the sake of buying them. Only buy items you and your family will use/eat.
- Double-check expiration dates as you are shopping to ensure optimal freshness with the items you purchase.
- Purchase a good can opener like this one and consider purchasing an inexpensive can organizer to keep things nice and organized in your pantry.
- Take advantage of Amazon Prime for quick shipping of household essentials and anything else you need. You can start a 30-day free trial here.
- Use car-side pickup for groceries to avoid going in-store. We love and recommend using Walmart’s Grocery Pickup. Save $10 off your first order of $50 with code WOWFRESH
- Don’t forget about your pets and purchase a bag of food for them, if needed.
Emergency Food List – What to Buy for COVID-19
- Applesauce and Fruit Purees
- Canned Fruit (in water or juice)
- Frozen Fruit
- Dried Fruit
- Longer-Lasting Fresh Fruit (Apples, Oranges, Pomegranates, Lemons, Limes, etc.)
- Canned Vegetables (Green beans, Corn, Carrots, Peas, Tomatoes, etc.)
- Canned Soups (low sodium, preferred)
- Canned Chili
- Frozen Vegetables (Broccoli, Cauliflower, Asparagus, etc.)
- Tomato Sauce
- Longer-Lasting Fresh Vegetables (Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Squash, Carrots, Parsnips, Onions, Garlic, Whole Mushrooms, etc.)
- Canned or Pouch Tuna or Salmon
- Canned or Pouch Chicken or Turkey
- Frozen Fish (Salmon, Shrimp, etc.)
- Shelf Stable Tofu
- Beef Jerky
- Canned Lentils
- Nut/Seed Butter (Peanut Butter, Almond Butter, Cashew Butter, Sunflower Seed Butter, etc.)
- Nuts and Seeds (Peanuts, Cashews, Almonds, Walnuts, Pecans, Sunflower Seeds etc.)
- Trail Mix
- Dry or Canned Beans
- Oats (Old-Fashioned, Quick, or Instant Packets)
- Ancient Grains (Quinoa or Farro)
- Pancake Mix
- Bread (Can be Kept Frozen)
- Shelf-Stable Milk
- Powdered Milk
- Hard Cheeses (Parmesan or Pecorino)
- Olive oil
- Avocado oil
- Coconut oil
- Pure flavor extracts
- Spices (Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Chili Powder, Paprika, Cinnamon, etc.)
- Baking Soda
- Granola Bars (Protein, Fruit-filled, etc.)
- Cracker Packs
- Tortilla Chips
- Low-Sugar Electrolyte Drinks
- Protein Shakes
- Meal Replacement Shakes
- Low Sodium Broth (Beef, Chicken, or Vegetable)
Pet Foods (For Your Furry Family Members)
- Bagged Food
- Canned Food
Grab Easy Recipe Ideas Here:
I hope this Coronavirus Emergency Food List is helpful to you and your family and will help you know what to buy if you are still stocking up on essential food items in your area.
I know this is an uncertain/scary time right now but be smart and stay safe. I’m currently praying for the safety of our nation and hope each of you stay safe and well.
Thanks for stopping by! – Cara