Hey Everyone! It’s so hard to believe this month is almost over, but it’s time for my monthly confessions for January. I’m linking up on Humpday Confessions, and if you haven’t already you should totally check out all the other awesome bloggers in the link-up!
I shared this cute photo of my boys enjoying the snow this past weekend on my Instagram. In case you aren’t already, you can follow along here.
- We had a full blown melt-down in our household the other day due to me not cutting my son’s sandwich the right way. He wanted triangles. I cut squares. Who knew such distress could be caused by cutting a sandwich the wrong way.
- Conversation with my oldest son in the car the other morning before work/school- Son: “Mama, if you could wish for it to rain anything other than water, what would it be?” Me: “Hmm, maybe cupcakes?” Son: “Oh, that’d be cool, but I’d probably wish for it to rain parts for my rocket ship, that way I could build it and we could go to outer space.” #upstaged #engineerinthemaking
- Vampire Diaries is my current obsession. I started watching it right before the New Years and I’m already in Season 4. I’m probably in the minority here, but Damon is my favorite. He’s got that charming bad boy thing going on, and oh yeah he’s not too shabby on the eyes.
- I still haven’t watched the new PLL episodes. I’m one of those who likes to save up episodes for a full-day binge, so hide all the spoilers please!
- Fat to Fit on A&E is awesome! The show centers on fitness trainers around the country who are gaining weight so that they will have a greater understanding of “what it’s like to be overweight”. Over the course of 4 months, they gain weight, while one of their overweight clients loses weight. Once the 4 months are up, the two work together to lose weight and get healthy. At first, I was a little skeptical of the show, but after the first episode I’m hooked. You can read more here.
- Every single time I use my hot glue gun, I burn myself. You would think after using it, I don’t know a bazillion times, I would have gotten it down pat, but nope I still manage to burn myself.
- I have such a love/loathe relationship with glitter. I love that it’s so pretty, but can’t stand that it literally sticks to everything. I tried gluing glitter onto something the other day and tried to “contain it” in a paper plate. After I finished I thought all was good, but later realized it was all over my pajamas, my chair, my floor, and it seriously stuck to my hands for an entire day. Ugh, why is it so pretty?
Pet Peeves of the Week:
- The “Be Like Bill” Stick Figure Memes that skyrocketed on social media over the weekend are super annoying. I’m sure whoever invented it did it with great intentions, but really it is just annoying. Please stop. I don’t want to see 780 of these on my newsfeed for the next 365 days. Anyone else agree?
- Why are people still playing Farmville? Moreover, why are people still sending me requests to play Farmville and/or send them crops? If I didn’t answer the first 400 times, the likelihood of me ever playing is about slim to none.
When you try to double the measurements to recipes in your head:
Have a Great Wednesday!- Cara
Linking up on Humpday Confessions, Wonderful Wednesday, Wednesday Blog Hop, Ladies Collective Linkup,
Some of these totally made me laugh. The stick men are driving me crazy. Are people still really playing farmville? And I absolutely love your son’s answer about the rain 🙂
Haha I know right? I though farmville died a couple of years ago, but unfortunately not.
I totally cracked up at the raining rocketship parts. That’s actually the best. Ever. lol
Haha, he is pretty clever and cracks me up. 🙂
apparently those be like bill memes have a virus embedded in some of them??? maybe they’ll stop now! hehe. oh yes, i know the kid breakdowns. i’ve been having with the almost 2 year old.
Oh my goodness, I didn’t know that. Thankfully I did not partake in making one-haha
I cannot believe January is almost over. The month has flown by! I love the Vampire Diaries but I am SO behind this season. Definitely catch up on PLL – this season is really good so far!
I know, it’s crazy to think it is almost February! I think I’m going to hopefully watch some of them this weekend- looking forward to it! 🙂
OMG those photos!! They had me laughing while the baby napped!! 🙂
xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries
Haha, glad you liked them!
Those stupid stick people on fb are driving me crazy too haha! So annoying. And I had no idea people still played farmville lol. I love saving up shows to binge but most of the time I can’t wait…I’ve been watching PLL and it’s basically the same as always haha
Yeah, I have a few saved up now so I may have to give in this weekend. 🙂
Super fun post:-) My 4 years old girl is the same if I don’t cut her sandwiches or any food for the matter the way she wants it, lol. Hope you have a great day!
Haha, thanks! Glad to know others feel my pain 😉
Bahaha what a fun post! I love glitter too but also dislike the way you find it EVERYWHERE! 🙂
Thank-you! It always finds a way to get on your clothes haha.
Such a fun post! It’s nice to learn so much about you. Vampire Diaries was my absolute favorite show! I haven’t watched this latest season, but I’m still recording them all, so I’ll get to it one day!
Clothes & Quotes
Thank-you! I could kick myself for not watching it when it first came on TV, it’s so good! But I will admit it is kind of nice to be able to binge watch it on Netflix minus commercials and waiting a whole week for the next episode! 🙂
The Fat to Fit show sounds so interesting! I’m always looking for new shows to watch!
It’s a good show! They’ve only had two episodes so far, but I really like it. 🙂
I do the same thing with my glue gun! Ugh! Your son had the perfect answer for rain! And I love that Blanche picture… it’s one of my favorites! 😉
I love the Golden Girls, it’s the best! 🙂
Oooh no! I’m sorry you keep getting burned by the hot glue gun! And I remember the days of my sandwich not being cut the right way.. the struggle is real lol.
Haha I know right!
Love, love, love the snow pics! Such cuties! Also was cracking up at the memes. PS – I am caught up on PLL. It’s a slow start the the season, but so glad it’s back!
Thank-you! It always seems to start off slow and then there’s that one riveting episode that pulls you in and gets you hooked!
Love the post.
Love the humor/funnies! I have never seen the “Be Like Bill” stuff on fb yet. Maybe I am just missing it. I haven’t watched the new PLL episode from last night but I need too! I am enjoying the 5 years forward so far with them. I will admit that when the show goes off I will a little sad. I also have a love hate relationship with glitter. It’s so pretty but then when it’s all over you and you can’t get rid of it…that’s a whole different story.
Oh my goodness, you are so lucky then! It is literally like a plague on my FB feed right now haha. I’ll be sad when PLL ends too! I’ve literally grown up with the show, I was in HS when it first came on.
Thanks for sharing your humor/funnies, gave me a great laugh today! I love reading your confessions. My confession : I see link ups everywhere and have no idea how to join/ what the heck they are. I’ve even been invited informally to a few but have no idea what to even do. Oh dear. Great post gorgeous gal, happy hump day XO -Kim
Thank-you! Oh you should definitely join in some! I can send you a link to your e-mail with more information about them and a website with a list of all the link-ups if you would like! They’re really fun to participate in and it helps you meet new people/make friends and grow your blog! 🙂
Kara, you are so sweet, I would love for you to send me some info! You are so amazing! email@example.com
Also, I don’t know why I spelled your name with a “K” except that I was looking and “Kindly” and “Kim” apparently…
Haha no worries! I’ll get that sent over to you soon.
hell hath no fury like when your child finds the eleventy billionth drawing he/she did in the recycle bin.
Oh my gosh, yes! That’s our current struggle as well. My child literally draws on every piece of paper he can find, and of course it’s all wonderful, but if I keep all his drawings we literally won’t have any space, anywhere. He always gives me that look like “Why are you so mean, mom” when he finds it in the trash can, and I’ll be like, “Oh that one had water on it, sorry.” I know that sounds super horrible!
I am really over those stick figures too…come on! I always burn myself on the glue gun- I just did it SO bad last week and screamed so loud. My stepson and I were watching Aladdin last week and he said “Why didn’t Aladdin wish for nipples? He doesn’t have any! Doesn’t that feel weird?!” Kids are TOO funny and smart…haha.
Oh wow, that totally never occurred to me. Kids are so smart! 🙂
Haha this is great! I love the meme about booking a vacation. It was the snow that got me to book another trip! I want out of here lol
Me too, Becky! A mix of being back at work and the snowy/cold weather have me in full on vacation planning mode. 🙂
Oh girl, thank you for the smiles today! Love these! I have the sane love hate relationship with glitter and glue guns! Happy Wednesday my beautiful friend!!
Thank-you! Hope your day is going great 🙂
Hahahahahaha I relate to every last one of those memes, especially the stupid stick one! I am constantly burning myself with a glue gun when i use one too. How can you not??And Vampire Diaries!!!! Damon is one of my favorites too! He cracks me up! He and Caroline are my top picks. You have to watch The Originals too!!!
I love Caroline too! I just saw that pop up in my suggested series a couple days ago, so it’s definitely on my list of things to watch next! 🙂
I’m pretty sure Damon is the only reason I watch Vampire Diaries 😉
Ah so glad to hear someone else is Team Damon! He’s just so easy on the eyes! 🙂
What a fun post! Don’t worry; if I was hot gluing anything I would burn myself as well! I’m not the best DIYer unfortunately….
Thank-you! I think I simply get over-confident when I’m using it, like “Oh I’ve used this a thousand times, I won’t burn myself…” and then bam, I burn myself haha
bahahaha! “I don’t always look hot…yes I do”.
I love it!
It looks like the kiddos had a lot of fun. My hubby and I did too!
You have to give Damon credit, he does look good! Glad you all had fun too! 🙂
This was so funny! I completely agree with glitter– total love hate relationship!
Thank-you! My kids absolutely love it too, so anytime we’re in a store and they see something glittery of course they reach out and grab it, which then gets all over their clothes and me, and it’s just a never-ending cycle.
Haha love those memes! I’ve never heard of Fat to Fit, I’ll have to check it out. Also, Damon is very very much my fave.
Thanks! It’s a really cool show, you’ll be hooked once you watch it. 🙂
I love your confessions! I hate the stick figure meme thing too. I tried it once and hated my answer therefore, it’s stupid 😉 Here’s to hoping that it ends soon!
Thank-you! I’m one of those who repeatedly takes quizzes until I get the answer I want, so I can relate! 🙂
Glitter is the best…..until it winds up everywhere right?
Exactly! I’ll see something so pretty and sparkly in a store and not even pick it up and when I get to the car somehow mysteriously I’m covered in glitter-haha It’s a curse!
This post speaks to me on so many levels! 🙂 love it!!!!!
Haha, I’m so glad others share my feelings on these subjects 🙂
My 2.5 year old is much like your 4 year old. I put the syrup in the wrong spot one day last week (gasp). Needless to say, I won’t be making that mistake again.
I’ve watched The Vampire Diaries from the very beginning and I’ve always loved it. But the current season? Pretty disappointed so far. I’m thinking about giving up.
YES to the annoying stick figures! Enough already!
Haha glad to hear I’m not the only one who lives with the crazy food related melt-downs. Hopefully VD will pick back up soon, sometimes series just start going down-hill after awhile and that’s when they just need to end it before they lose their fan-base.
These are too funny! I hate the Facebook “be like bill” things…the first one I saw was funny, but now they are just annoying. I love Vampire Diaries, and my favorite guy was Stefan!
Exactly, it was like cute/funny the first time and then I’m like oh no this is starting a very bad and annoying trend! Damon is my favorite, but don’t get me wrong Stefan is a very close 2nd-haha! They are both just so pleasant on the eyes 🙂
bahaha i love those funnies..especially the jasmine one. So true! Happy hump day!
Haha me too! A little Disney humor for this fine Wednesday!