Happy Wednesday everyone! We’re over the hump! I’m excited to be sharing some of my latest makeup faves with you today! I had to travel for work this month, which resulted in me hitting up Sephora for some wishlist items. I must say I’ve been very pleased with my purchases, and would love to hear if you all have tried any of these products. Let’s get right into it!
*this post contains affiliate links
1. Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation– I can’t tell you how long this item has been on my makeup wishlist, but I finally splurged and I’m so glad I did! While I love my Rimmel foundation for everyday wear, I really wanted something that was longer lasting for special occasions and weekend looks, and this foundation comes highly recommended by so many people. And now I see why.
This makeup has such great coverage without making you look like you have a cake face, which is something I personally always seek out in my foundations. I love finding something that helps even out the skin tone and cover up any redness, while also maintaining a natural look, and this foundation totally does that. It also has very buildable coverage so you can go as light as you want or as full coverage as you want.
2. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz– As I’ve said it many times, a good looking brow can make all the difference on a person’s face. This product is perfect for outlining the brows and filling in any sparseness and the shade blonde was the perfect match for me!
The product glides on very easily and the little brush makes taming brows a breeze. The company recommends you pair it with the dipbrow pomade, but I’ve personally continued using my NYX brow pomade (much cheaper) and it works great! That’s just a little tip if you don’t want to break the bank in buying both Anastasia brow products at once.
3. Benefit Porefessional Primer– I have all you lovely ladies to thank for this purchase, it was highly recommended by many of you when I recently asked about primers, and I’m absolutely loving it! I have dry skin and I was really wanting a primer that a. would help make my foundation last longer, b. wouldn’t add dryness or make my foundation cakey, and c. would give me a flawless looking finish. Can I just say this product does all three of those things?!
The first time I applied it, I couldn’t believe how silky it felt on the skin, and also how easy my foundation glided on right over it. It also really lives up to the name and minimizes pores like a beast. It rocks you guys, so thank you for this one!
4. NYX Gotcha Covered Concealer– Ya’ll are gonna think I’m crazy but even though I was super duper impressed with all my high end makeup purchases this month, this lovely drugstore product which is only $5.99 was my fave! First of all, I’m not sure how long this product has been out but I seriously could kick myself for overlooking it.
The coverage in this concealer is spot on, but the one quality it has that a lot of other concealers lack, is the ability to brighten the under eye area. Infused with coconut oil, the formula glides right on and gives the skin a healthy looking glow! Bye-bye dark circles and redness!
5. Conair Velvet Touch Paddle Brush– My old brush finally broke a few weeks back, but to be honest it was probably time to invest in a new one. I have the thickest hair known to man and most brushes get caught up in the tangles and can be quite painful. Thankfully, I finally stumbled across my new best hair friend, and this is it!
I was initially intrigued because it had the soft, velvet handle, but it boasted a tangle-free brush process so in the cart it went. I’ve now been using it religiously every morning and night and I love it. I swear the bristles make my hair softer! If you have thick hair, I truly recommend trying this brush out.
Are any of these products on your fave list too? Let me know in the comments!
P.S. Be sure and stop by the blog tomorrow for a new monthly collaboration with a great group of gals! 😉
Happy Wednesday!- Cara