Happy Thursday lovelies! I’m super excited for tomorrow because the boys are having a sleepover at the grandparents, and my husband and I are having a much-needed date night! And of course if there’s one outfit out there that always makes me look and feel my best for date night, it’s the classic Little Black Dress (LBD).
I mean you really can’t go wrong with the little black dress. It’s one of the most flattering colors, it’s chic-looking, and the possibilities are endless when it comes to styling it. So today I’m sharing my best tips for styling the little black dress so you can look amazing for your next big event! I’m also sharing two adorable looks and my top 10 ways to style the LBD!
Tips for Styling the Little Black Dress
Whether you’re wanting to dress up for date night, a work event, or a night out on the town with friends, a Little Black Dress is the perfect choice! But one thing holds true in all instances- getting the dreaded white marks is a no-go!
Since picking an outfit is the most time-consuming part of getting ready for many women, it’s no surprise that 90 percent of respondents said finding a white deodorant mark is annoying and inconvenient.
That’s why I recently switched to using Dove Invisible Dry Spray Antiperspirant which keeps me feeling confident and smells amazing! Dove Invisible Dry Spray Antiperspirant goes on invisible, leaves no white marks on 100 colors, and with 48-hour odor and wetness protection, keeps you fresh all day.
Not only does the Dove Invisible Dry Spray Antiperspirant guarantee no white marks on 100 colors, but it also offers 1/4 moisturizing technology which helps make the skin feel super soft! I definitely recommend giving this product a try, if you’re tired of white marks getting on your clothing.
Now onto styling a little black dress! As mentioned before, the possibilities are endless and you can change the entire look of your little black dress just by switching up your accessories and shoes.
For the most versatility, I recommend choosing a black dress that has simple detailing. One of my favorite LBD’s is a basic halter style, which features a sexy, low-back detail. I love that I can style it several different ways simply depending on how I accessorize it and what I pair it with.
Sexy Date Night
For a sexy date night look, I kept it simple with a nude pair of heels, a simple pair of earrings, and added a black flower in my hair for a touch of elegance.
I’m seriously in love with this low back style!
Another way I love to style the little black dress is by adding in a fringe kimono, a pendant necklace, and booties for an adorable boho chic look.
This look is absolutely perfect for late summer/early fall!
And in case you need any other ideas on how to style a little black dress, here’s 10 more ways to style it!
10 Ways to Style a Little Black Dress
- Date Night– Add in colorful accessories like bold earrings, a statement necklace, and a printed clutch for a fun evening look
- Work Ready– Pair with a form-fitting blazer and close-toed stilettos for a chic, work-wear ready look
- Classy Elegance– Select an elegant necklace such as pearls and pull your hair back in a sleek bun for an Audrey Hepburn inspired look
- Rocker Inspired– Grab a pair of lace-up sneakers, a loose jean jacket, and a bandana tie for the hair for a sexy rocker look
- Modest– Pair with some cute tights, a cardigan, and simple studs for a modest, girly look
- Cute & Casual– Add an infinity scarf, boots, and a military jacket for a casual look perfect for fall
- Bohemian Chic– Grab an over sized hat and pair with a kimono and gladiator sandals for a laid-back, summer style
- Bold Statement– Pair with a bold printed heel or clutch (like animal print) to really make a statement
- Western Flair– Select a pair of cowboy boots and denim jacket and rock it western style
- Girly– Pick your favorite wedges, some colorful earrings, and a cute purse for a girls night
Those are just a few ideas of how to style the Little Black Dress for your next big event! I personally love a good mix of girly and edgy, so I think I might just try the Rocker Inspired one next! Let me know which styling you’d love to try out for your LBD in the comments! I’d also love to know if you’ve tried out the new Dove Invisible Dry Spray Antiperspirant!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Hope you all have an amazing weekend! Thanks for stopping by! – Cara