These Cream Cheese Sausage Balls with Bisquick are the BEST Sausage Balls EVER!
These easy sausage balls are made with 2 ground sausages, bisquick, flavorful spices, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese for an unbelievably delicious appetizer, party food, or finger food.
Best Cream Cheese Sausage Balls with Bisquick
Today I’m SO excited to share my Best Cream Cheese Sausage Balls Recipe with you, which you are going to LOVE!
These Cream Cheese Sausage Balls are easy, cheesy, full of flavor, and SO delicious!
Unlike traditional sausage balls made with just bisquick and shredded cheddar cheese, I ramp up the flavor with simple seasonings, two kinds of ground sausage, and add in my secret weapon – cream cheese!
Keep reading for the full recipe and check out my video tutorial over here.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel for weekly recipe videos!
The Best Cream Cheese Sausage Balls Recipe
If you’ve never tried cream cheese sausage balls, then let me tell ya – you’re in for a treat!
Why Is Cream Cheese SO GOOD in Sausage Balls?
I know all the non cream cheese lovers out there are probably rolling their eyes and completely dismissing this recipe right now, but trust me, once you make these cream cheese sausage balls and taste the difference, you’ll never go back to regular, plain ol’ sausage balls, and they’ll be your go-to party finger food.
Because let’s be honest for a second and go ahead and admit the fact that regular sausage balls tend to be a little on the dry side (especially if someone bakes them too long).
And nobody likes eating dry baked goods at a party, am I right?!
But if you add in cream cheese, suddenly your sausage balls are incredibly creamy, moist, and SO yummy!
Combine that with a whole lot of cheddar cheese and it’s pretty much cheese heaven.
Ingredients Needed to Make The Best Sausage Balls
These Sausage Balls with Cream Cheese are not your boring, run of the mill sausage balls, and are SO flavorful and delicious! To make them, you only need just a few simple ingredients which I’ve included below.
Ground Sausage – To get the best of both worlds, I recommend using 1/2 mild ground sausage and 1/2 spicy ground sausage in these sausage balls. This helps add flavor and a little kick, without being too spicy.
Cream Cheese – You can make this recipe with full fat or 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese.
Bisquick Baking Mix – To make these yummy and savory use bisquick. If you prefer a sweeter flavor instead, you can use pancake mix.
Seasonings to Ramp Up Flavor – Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, and Worcestershire Sauce make these sausage balls so tasty. You can also add dried herbs like sage, parsley, or chopped up green onion.
Cheddar Cheese – You can use mild, medium, or sharp cheddar cheese. I typically use mild since the kids like it best, but use whatever you like!
RECOMMENDED KITCHEN TOOLS:
- Glass Mixing Bowls
- Silicone Spatula
- Magnetic Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Baking Sheets
- Pre-Cut Parchment Paper
- Wire Cooling Rack
- Airtight Storage Containers
Pin For Later
FAQ’s About Cream Cheese Sausage Balls with Bisquick
What Can I Use Instead of Bisquick?
I really love the convenience of using bisquick in sausage balls, but if you’ve ran out of Bisquick or prefer to not use it, you can make this recipe using flour, baking powder, salt, and shortening or butter.
To make 1 1/4 cups Bisquick substitute, combine 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1 3/4 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1 tbsp and 3/4 tsp shortening (or unsalted butter) until evenly combined.
Can I Make Sausage Balls Ahead of Time?
Yes! You can easily prepare your sausage balls mixture ahead of time, roll into balls, and keep covered in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days ahead of time.
This makes it very convenient for parties. Simply place on the baking sheet and bake once you’re ready!
Can You Reheat Cream Cheese Sausage Balls?
Yes! Cream Cheese Sausage Balls can be reheated in the oven, microwave, or crockpot.
- Oven – If serving a large batch, it’s easiest to pop back in the oven on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes.
- Crockpot – Place a damp paper towel in the bottom of your slow cooker and top with sausage balls. Turn on warm setting. This is a great option if you’re waiting for guests to arrive.
- Microwave – For single servings or small batches, you can reheat them in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, until warm.
Should Leftover Sausage Balls Be Refrigerated?
Yes! Any leftover cooked sausage balls should be refrigerated in an airtight container. I’ve found they stay fresh for up to 3 days.
Can You Freeze Sausage and Cheese Balls?
Yes! You can freeze uncooked sausage balls for up to 3 months.
I recommend placing the sausage balls evenly spaced apart on a baking sheet, and freeze for 30 minutes. Once frozen, transfer to a freezer safe Ziploc bag.
Once ready to bake, remove from freezer and thaw 15 minutes before baking, then bake as directed.
Best Cream Cheese Sausage Balls with Bisquick
These Easy Cream Cheese Sausage Balls with Bisquick are the best sausage balls ever! These sausage and cheese balls are made with 2 ground sausages, bisquick, flavorful spices, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 30-32 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 lb mild ground sausage
- 1/2 lb hot ground sausage
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups bisquick baking mix
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large glass mixing bowl, combine ground sausage, softened cream cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, and Worchestershire sauce.
- Once combined, add in bisquick baking mix in batches until well combined. I recommend using your hands to make it easier.
- Add in shredded cheddar cheese and mix with your hands until combined.
- Next, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line 1-2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Begin forming 2 tablespoon size balls with your hands and place on your baking sheet evenly spaced apart.*
- Bake your sausage balls in the oven for 22-25 minutes or until they are a light golden brown.
- *If desired, you can roll smaller 1 tablespoon sized sausage balls, which will make around 60 sausage balls. You will just want to adjust your baking times accordingly and bake for 16-20 minutes.
- Store leftover cream cheese sausage balls in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Keywords: cream cheese sausage balls, best cream cheese sausage balls, easy cream cheese sausage balls, sausage balls, easy sausage balls, sausage balls with cream cheese, bisquick sausage balls, sausage balls recipe, cheesy sausage balls
Looking for More Easy Appetizer Recipes? Try These:
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Easy Cheeseburger Sliders
- Skinny Chicken Taco Pinwheels
- Easy Pizza Muffins
- Kid-Friendly Vegetable Train
Hope you enjoyed today’s recipe for my Best Cream Cheese Sausage Balls Recipe and will give these delicious sausage balls a try the next time you need a party food or appetizer! Have you ever made sausage balls with cream cheese in them? Let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for stopping by! – Cara