It’s Friday! So excited the weekend is here and I get to enjoy some days off from work with the family. I plan to get outside a little bit if the weather isn’t too horrible. Looking ahead to next week’s forecast it’s supposed to be in the upper 60’s and maybe even 70’s, so I’m super stoked for that! 🙂
Today I’m sharing with you my 5 beauty favorites for the month of February. Enjoy!
Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Makeup $5.99, Wal-mart
I bought this BB Cream to have a light-weight every day foundation and was literally floored when I started wearing it. Not only is it one of the creamiest foundations that you’ll put on your skin, but it also gives a flawless medium coverage finish that’s so pretty.
It has literally been my go-to foundation and another plus is that it contains SPF 25 sunscreen, so it’s a great protectant for the skin. I highly, highly recommend this BB Cream!
Wet n’ Wild MegaGlo Contouring Palette $4.99, Drugstores
Out of all of the drugstore contouring palettes that have been released here lately, this one is my favorite. In terms of color, it looks the most natural on the skin, and has great blendability.
While I do love this kit (I purchased the Dulche De Leche, the lighter of the two kits) and have been using it frequently here lately, I will point out that the highlighter doesn’t show up really well on my skin tone, and actually comes off as more of just a light powder. Just something to keep in mind if you are on the pale side like me! 😉
Tree Hut Shea Sugar Brazilian Nut Body Scrub $6.48, Wal-Mart
This sugar scrub is amazing in getting those legs nice and smooth and ready for wearing dresses and skirts in the warmer months. I use this product with a scrubbing mitt after shaving my legs, and it makes my legs smooth as buttah!
Also, the smell of this is heavenly! Even my boys are always like “Mommy can we smell it, please?” 🙂 Tree Hut also sells several other amazing body scrubs, so I definitely recommend giving this product a try if you’re in the market for a body scrub!
Nature Well Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Moisturizing Cream $8.99, Sam’s Club
I stumbled upon this product a few months ago at Sam’s Club and for the size/amount of product you are getting, I thought it was such a great deal.
Coconut Oil has so many amazing uses and I really prefer using this as a moisturizer for my skin during the winter months as it helps truly lock moisture in the skin. Also, I can never get enough of the smell of fresh coconut oil!
NYC New York Color Expert Last Lip Laquer, Coney Island Candy $3.54, Wal-Mart
Last but not least, is this beautiful lip gloss by NYC. I own several NYC lipsticks and lip crayons, and was anxious to give this new product a try when I saw it in the store.
I definitely have not been disappointed with it and let me just say, the color is so pretty once applied to the lips! I think it’s the perfect pink shade for spring and would look great with all skin tones! It also has long-wear staying power, which is nice when you don’t want to have to do multiple applications throughout the day.
Music Favorites of the Month:
As I’ve mentioned before, music/singing is pretty much an obsession of mine, and as part of my monthly favorites, I thought I’d share my favorite songs throughout the month. There are so many new songs out right now and here’s just a few that I can’t stop listening to at the moment!
- Ellie Goulding- Army– I absolutely love Ellie’s voice and this is such a sweet song that can definitely be related to a strong relationship/friendship. It’s currently on repeat!
- Dan+Shay- From the Ground Up– You guys already know how much I love Dan+Shay, and this has to be the sweetest song ever. It reminds me so much of my grandparents who were married for close to 60 years before my grandma passed away and they had that kind of love for each other that everyone strives for.
- Cam- Mayday– From the moment I heard the song Burning House I knew I would love any music of Cam’s. This song also doesn’t disappoint and is oh so catchy!
- JoJo-Save My Soul– All of JoJo’s songs were my jam back in high school and without a doubt this girl has some pipes on her. This song centers around individuals who struggle with addiction and is such a powerful song with words that I think many can relate to.
- Carrie Underwood-Heartbeat– I love that this song is a little different from the songs that Carrie normally releases. It has more of a pop sound to it, which I’m actually loving. Also, she looks absolutely beautiful in the video!
Have a lovely weekend everyone!- Cara