Try my Easy Halloween Cinnamon Rolls (aka Zombie Guts or Cinnamon Roll Intestines) for a fun and delicious Halloween breakfast! You only need just 3 ingredients to make these spooky cinnamon roll intestines.
Easy Halloween Cinnamon Rolls (Zombie Guts)
Looking for a fun and easy Halloween breakfast to serve up for your family at Halloween brunch? Give my Easy Halloween Cinnamon Rolls (aka Zombie Guts) a try!
Cinnamon Roll Intestines are fun to both make and eat, and they really couldn’t be more simple to make with just 3 ingredients including store-bought canned cinnamon rolls, frosting, and red food coloring.
Both kids and adults alike will absolutely love them and if you’re like our family, they’ll quickly become an annual Halloween party tradition you look forward to year after year.
If you want to learn how to make Halloween Cinnamon Rolls (aka Bloody Zombie Intestines), then keep reading below for the full recipe with ingredients, instructions, and step-by-step tutorial.
Cinnamon Roll Intestines (AKA Zombie Guts)
Our family has been making these easy cinnamon roll intestines for several years now and both my kids and I always look forward to baking them every year.
Although I normally prefer and recommend making my Easy 1 Hour Cinnamon Rolls for most occasions, when it comes to Halloween Zombie Intestines, the store-bought, canned, refrigerated kind really is the best way to go since they’re super affordable and quick to bake in the oven for Halloween breakfast or brunch.
Best of all, Halloween Cinnamon Rolls are truly so simple to prepare and even the kids will love helping!
You can even add faux Halloween decorations to make them look even more spooky and fun.
Halloween Cinnamon Rolls
Below I’ve included all of the ingredients you’ll need to make Halloween rolls, as well as a list of my best tips and tricks for making cinnamon roll intestines.
Ingredients Needed for Halloween Cinnamon Rolls:
- 2 Cans Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls with Icing
- Red Food Coloring (use the gel type for best results)
(Optional) Fun Halloween Cinnamon Rolls Decoration Ideas:
- Faux spiders, Faux roaches, or faux bugs
- Gummy worms
- Candy googly eyes
- Halloween themed sprinkles
- Serve with Skeleton Hands
Tips & Tricks for Making The Best Cinnamon Roll Intestines
Use Store Brand Canned Cinnamon Rolls for Easier Unraveling
You can use any brand, type, or flavor of canned, refrigerated cinnamon rolls for this recipe, but I’ve actually found that the store brands tend to unravel easier than the Pillsbury brand.
I’ve still managed to make it with the Pillsbury brand before, but they tend to be a little more difficult to break apart.
Use Jumbo Size & Casserole Dish for Larger-Looking Zombie Intestines
If you prefer larger “zombie guts” use the jumbo sized cinnamon rolls.
If you do use jumbo size, I recommend putting them in a casserole baking dish like I did in the photo above.
When prepared this way, the zombie guts will look bigger and remain more intact when baked. I’ve also found they turn out softer/gooier when baked this way.
Make Homemade Icing for Extra Frosting
Need more icing than what comes with the cinnamon rolls or just want to make it homemade?
Grab my easy cream cheese icing recipe over here. It’s absolutely delicious!
Use Gel Food Coloring for Brighter Color
Switch Up The Colors
Want to make zombie guts look less scary for young children? Use another fun food coloring such as green, purple, or orange, and decorate as desired.
A green or purple monster version with googly eyes would be super cute!
Halloween Cinnamon Roll FAQ’s
What’s the Best Food Coloring for a Bright Red?
I recommend using a gel type food coloring for the most vibrant looking red.
You can use the liquid kind if that’s all you have, but you will need to use a lot more food coloring to get a deeper color.
What’s the Best Pan for Halloween Cinnamon Rolls?
I’ve made them both ways and they both always look/taste great, with the sheet pan version being slightly more chewy/crispy, and the baking dish version being more gooey and soft.
Can I use Homemade Icing instead of Store-bought?
Yes, I recommend my easy cream cheese icing recipe. It’s absolutely delicious!
How do I store leftover Cinnamon Roll Intestines?
Store leftover Halloween cinnamon rolls in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
If desired, you can re-heat individual servings in the microwave for 15-20 seconds at a time, until heated.
How to Make Halloween Cinnamon Roll Intestines for a Fun Halloween Breakfast
Halloween Cinnamon Roll Intestines are SO easy to make and you can even let the kids help unravel them and decorate.
Follow my step-by-step instructions with photos for reference below and make sure you save this post for later.
Kitchen Tools You’ll Need:
- Half-Sheet Size Baking Sheet or 9×13 Glass Baking Dish
- Parchment Paper
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Offset Spatula (for spreading icing)
- Red Gel Food Coloring
Open the cans of cinnamon rolls and carefully unravel each cinnamon roll.
Twist, coil, and place them on the baking sheet pan to look like zombie intestines (like shown in the photo below)
Make sure you leave some space in between, as they will expand slightly when baked.
Bake the cinnamon roll intestines in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the cinnamon rolls are a light golden brown.
As you can see, they will puff up and expand when baked.
While cinnamon rolls are baking, prepare your frosting (aka red zombie blood).
The amount of red food coloring will ultimately depend on the type you use and how bright of red you want it to be.
Red gel food coloring tends to be more pigmented so you won’t need to use as much compared to a liquid food coloring.
I recommend adding 1-2 drops at a time, stirring, and adding more as needed until desired level is reached.
Use an offset spatula or spoon and immediately drizzle and spread the frosting over the warm cinnamon rolls.
Don’t worry about it being perfect-looking – the messier the better, since this makes it look like real zombie guts.
If desired, add decorations such as Faux spiders, Faux roaches, or faux bugs.
Serve warm and enjoy them with your desired sides such as fruit, scrambled eggs, and bacon.
Halloween Cinnamon Rolls RecipePrint
Easy Halloween Cinnamon Rolls (Zombie Guts)
Easy Halloween Cinnamon Rolls (aka Zombie Guts or Cinnamon Roll Intestines) are a fun, delicious Halloween breakfast with just 3 ingredients!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Oven, Baking
- Cuisine: American
Halloween Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 8-ct refrigerated canned cinnamon rolls (Make sure you get a kind that will unravel – I actually prefer the store-brand vs. Pillsbury for this)
- Icing – use what comes in the can with the cinnamon rolls or this homemade cream cheese frosting recipe
- Red food coloring (I recommend using the gel kind like this)
(Optional) Halloween Cinnamon Rolls Decoration Ideas:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a large, half-sheet size baking sheet with parchment paper or spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Open the cans of cinnamon rolls and carefully place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Carefully begin to unravel each cinnamon roll and twist and coil them on the sheet pan to look like zombie intestines. Make sure you leave some space in between, as they will expand slightly when baked.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the cinnamon rolls are a light golden brown.
- While cinnamon rolls are baking, prepare your frosting (aka red zombie blood).
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the icing that was included with the cinnamon rolls (or homemade cream cheese icing) with drops of red gel food coloring, and stir with a spoon until fully combined. **The amount of red food coloring will ultimately depend on the type you use and how bright of red you want it to be. I recommend adding 1-2 drops at a time, stirring, and adding more as needed until desired level is reached.
- Use an offset spatula or spoon and immediately drizzle and spread the frosting over the warm cinnamon rolls. Don’t worry about it being perfect-looking – the messier the better, since this makes it look like real zombie guts.
- Add decorations, if desired and serve with sides such as fruit, scrambled eggs, and bacon.
- Enjoy your fun and delicious Halloween breakfast!
Store leftover Halloween cinnamon rolls in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. If desired, you can re-heat individual servings in the microwave for 15-20 seconds at a time, until heated.
If you use the jumbo size cinnamon rolls and bake in a glass baking dish, the cinnamon rolls may need to be baked longer.
Keywords: halloween cinnamon rolls, cinnamon roll intestines, zombie guts cinnamon rolls, easy halloween cinnamon rolls, halloween breakfast, halloween breakfast ideas, easy halloween cinnamon rolls, halloween rolls
More Halloween Recipes:
I hope you enjoyed today’s post on how to make Easy Halloween Cinnamon Rolls (aka Zombie Guts or Cinnamon Roll Intestines)!
Will you be making these for a fun and delicious Halloween breakfast? Let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for stopping by! – Cara
Pin This Post