*this post contains affiliate links
Happy Wednesday, friends! I’m seriously in awe with the fact that October is almost over. Can we please just get time to slow down this year already?!
Today, I’m excited to be sharing a new twist on my monthly favorites’ post. Instead of just sharing my favorite beauty products for the month, I’m also going to start including products that I tried out that I didn’t love. Because let’s be honest, we all have those products we purchase that are oh so disappointing, and I really appreciate it when other people forewarn me before I waste my money on it. So let’s get started!
October Drugstore Beauty Favorites and Fails
- NYC Liquid Liner in Black (Fave)– This liquid eyeliner is holy grail status for me. No matter how many eyeliners I try out there, I always come back to this one because it’s simply amazing in creating the perfect winged liner. It’s also the perfect tool to use in creating Halloween makeup looks! 😉
- Jordana Matte Lipstick in Lavender Lady (Fave)– I’ve been rocking this lip shade nonstop lately. It’s just such a gorgeous pale pink/purple shade and it lasts all day long!
- Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter in Lollipop (Fave)– This isn’t really a new favorite of mine, but it’s something I’ve been reaching for in my makeup collection lately. If you love a light, flirty pink shade, then this lipstick is perfect for you! It also has the most velvety soft texture on the lips and adds a nice glossy sheen.
- Revlon Colorstay Liquid Concealer (Fave)– I just purchased this about two weeks ago, but I’ve been loving this product so much lately. It’s no secret a full-coverage concealer is always a must-have for this tired mama, and this one does a great job of lasting all day. I’ve always been a fan of the Revlon Colorstay foundation and I’m equally impressed with this concealer.
- Wet n’ Wild Fall 2016 Limited Edition Eyeshadow Trio in Velour Vixen (Fave)– If you haven’t yet tried out wet n’ wild eyeshadow trios, then you’re definitely missing out! This one has the most beautiful shades for fall and is perfect for creating a vampy, romantic look. The browbone shade is also a nice neutral which will come in handy for future eyeshadow looks.
- NYC Get It All Foundation Stick (Fail)– NYC may be the creator of my all-time favorite liquid eyeliner, but they seriously disappointed me with this foundation stick. This had absolutely zero coverage, and zero staying power. I would apply it to my face and it wouldn’t even hold long enough to blend it out. I attempted three times before giving it the final toss, but in the end this product was a serious fail in my book.
- E.l.f. Sculpt and Glow Duo Stix (Fail)– I love e.l.f. but I’m not sure what they were thinking with this product. Although, multi-purpose products are all the rage here lately, they seriously missed the mark here, especially with the stick form. The sculpt color is chalky and the glow color is straight up glitter. Just say no to this product.
- Hard Candy Baked Illuminating Duo in Twinkle Star (Fail)– Another disappointment here, as I’ve always loved the hard candy baked blushes, but this product fell seriously flat. There was no pigmentation here, and what little bit of color that did appear on the skin was sparkly glitter. Not exactly what I like to see in a highlighting product. Save your money on this product, and go for the Milani Baked Blushes instead, which are ah-mazing! (review here)
What are your favorite beauty products at the moment? Have any products you’ve tried lately that you’ve been less than impressed with? I’d love for you to share them with me in the comments!
P.S. Have you all started your Christmas shopping this season? If so, I have a special offer for all my awesome Kindly Unspoken readers! Amazon Prime is currently offering a free 30-day trial for new users for the holiday season! Head over here to sign up to enjoy all the awesome perks of Amazon Prime! (Like getting items sent straight to your door in 2 days or less for completely free!) I use Prime all the time to order books, movies, and items for my kids and love the convenience factor!
Thanks for stopping by!-Cara