*this post contains affiliate links
Hey Everyone! How was your weekend? Mine was pretty laid back, but I’m kinda glad because this week ahead is going to be crazy. I’ve got several meetings over the next couple days and then Wednesday afternoon I’ll be leaving for an out of town work trip/training through Friday.
Anywho, I’m excited today to be sharing my latest nail creation-scalloped nails! Aren’t they the cutest? There’s something so girly and feminine about scalloped detail, and I’ve loved seeing them incorporated into the fashion world lately.
This nail tutorial is super easy to put together and requires only a few tools. For the dots, I used a toothpick, but you can also use a bobby pin or anything with a pointy tip, really. The nail polish I used is Wet n’ Wild “Wild Shine” Nail Color in White and Blazed, which was in my May Favorites post over here. I also used Sally Hansen Ultimate Shield Clear Top Coat, which I swear by when I do nail looks. It always helps the look last so much longer and gives it that nice sheen.
Let’s get started!
1. Pour a small amount of white nail polish on a paper plate, and using a toothpick begin making white dots diagonally across each nail.
2. Using the nail polish brush, paint the nail white above the dots until completely filled. Allow nail to completely dry before next step. (I suggest waiting 10 minutes to prevent smudging)
3. Repeat the dotting process with the second color right above the original white dotted area.
4. Fill in the entire tip of the nail with the second color.
5. Allow nails to completely dry before applying a clear top coat.
Ta-da! Scalloped nails complete! Now enjoy your pretty, girly nails!
Shop the look!
What do you think? The color possibilities are endless here! And it’s such a cute and easy way to spruce up the nails! Let me know what you think in the comment section! 🙂
Have a great week!- Cara
Linking up on Happiness is Homemade, Inspiration Monday, Busy Monday, Merry Monday, Amaze Me Monday, Totally Terrific Tuesday, Create, Link, Inspire, You’re Gonna Love It Tuesday, Tutorials & Tips, Wow Me Wednesday, Best of the Blogosphere, Wonderful Wednesday, Think Tank Thursday, Create it Thursday