White Floral Off-the-Shoulder Maxi Dress
Every summer I end up finding fashion pieces that I can’t get enough of and this summer is certainly no exception. Right now I can’t get enough of all the cute off-the-shoulder tops and in the dress department I’m such a fan of maxis!
So when I stumbled upon this beautiful white and floral off-the-shoulder maxi dress from The Mint Julep Boutique that combined the best of both worlds, I knew it must be love! Ha- but really though, this dress is absolutely gorgeous.
From the brightly-colored floral print on white, to the delicate material that is so light and perfect for hot, sunny days, it’s a match made in heaven. Not to mention the off-the-shoulder style adds a flirtiness and shows just the right amount of skin.
In case you’ve never checked out The Mint Julep Boutique, they have the cutest selection of women’s clothes at great prices. I simply adore all of their dresses and fun accessories, and they’re constantly adding in new styles with all the latest fashion trends. If you see something you love, be sure and sign up for their e-mails over here to receive $10 off your first order!
I was also recently tagged in a Get to Know Me post by one of my gorgeous blogging friends, Kara over at Fit Chick Next Door, so I thought I’d share my answers with you guys today!
Get to Know Me Tag
1. Where is one place you always wanted to visit? Ireland and Spain are probably at the top of my list right now. (If any of you have ever been to either of these places, feel free to send me the must-see spots!)
2. What is your favorite blogging moment or memory? Honestly, I’d have to say my favorite blogging moment was the first time I ever received a comment on my blog from someone that I didnt know personally. I’ve had a lot of awesome moments since then, like landing huge brand collaborations, but at the end of the day I do my blog to connect with all the amazing people out there. (Shoutout to Nadine at Life by Nadine Lynn! You rock girl!)
3. Who is someone you admire in the blogging world? Oh wow, there’s so many great bloggers out there that inspire me, but I always really connect with Lindsay’s posts over at Bourbon, Lipstick, and Stilettos and Chelsea’s posts over at The Girl Who Loved to Write. Both of these girls always keep it real in their posts and write about things that we all can relate to. I’m always excited to read their encouraging posts each week and their honesty is refreshing. I’m also happy to call both of them great blogging friends! 🙂
4. What are five things you have learned since you started blogging?
- If you put in the work, you’ll most certainly always reap the benefits
- You can’t please everyone, and you shouldn’t try to
- Relationships will always matter more than numbers
- We may all come from different walks of life, but the desire to live a happy life full of love is what brings us all together
- Always stay humble and kind no matter what
5. What is your favorite social platform and why? Instagram- Even with all the crazy algorithm changes and not being able to see chronological feed anymore, I still feel it’s the best platform to really connect with people. I also love using it to stay up to date with all my favorite bloggers and influencers and look to the platform for fashion, beauty, and life inspiration. You can follow me over here, if we’re not already friends! 😉
6. Who or where do you turn for blogging inspiration? Pinterest is one of the best places to get inspiration for my blog. I always find so many great craft and home decor ideas, recipes to try out, and beauty looks to create, and I could literally spend hours pinning away ideas.
7. What is your number 1 organization or life tip? On Sunday night, make a list for the week and prioritize. You can always find me with my notepad of things to do and it honestly helps keep me on track and holds me accountable for getting things done. I try to go through the list every day and mark off things I’ve accomplished and plan for the next day accordingly.
8. Favorites: TV Shows, Color, Food, Animal, Movie and Guilty Pleasure… GO!
TV Shows- Right now I’m finishing up the final episodes of Vampire Diaries and just finished up Pretty Little Liars and Hart of Dixie. I’m so sad that all those series are over! Also, I’m getting ready to start watching House of Cards again which is pretty addictive.
Color- I love pink, but I’m also a fan of blue, white, and black.
Food- Pizza and Tacos…oh and cosmic brownies! Those are soo good!
Animal- Butterflies (I know it’s an insect but still)
Movie- I’m a sucker for romantic movies and most recently watched Dirty Dancing. Can we all just agree Patrick Swayze was seriously swoon-worthy?
Guilty Pleasure- I’m generally pretty healthy throughout the week and try not to eat sweets except once a week, but sometimes I sneak some spoonfuls of ice cream right out of the carton just to get a little taste. It truly makes me feel better… 😉
9. What is your favorite brand that you have ever worked with or who would your dream brand be to work with? I’ve had the opportunity to work with so many great brands so far and have loved them all! Dream brand wise, I’d love the opportunity to work with any makeup brand out there but especially Wet n’ Wild, NYX, e.l.f., Loreal, Morphe, and Lorac.
10. What is one thing we don’t know about you? Do you have a talent? Did anything cool ever happen to you? Did you ever meet a celeb? Tell us everything! Something that most people don’t realize is that I’ve been singing since I was 2 years old and have competed in and won several local singing competitions. Singing has always been a passion of mine, and my boys and husband can most definitely attest I sing constantly at home. For now I’m happy with just blogging, but who knows- maybe one day I’ll try out for the voice. 😉
I challenge any of you reading this to participate in the tag and share your answers on your own blog! Be sure and tag me in the post so I can read it!
Hope you enjoyed today’s fashion post and learning a little bit more about me! Are you a fan of the off-the-shoulder fashion trend too? What fashion pieces are you loving wearing this summer? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for stopping by!- Cara
P.S. Thanks to each and every one of you for taking the time to comment on my recent life update over here. With all the changes going on in my life right now, my stress levels have been at an all-time high lately, but knowing I have the support of all my blog friends and readers is amazing. Stay tuned for a post next week where I’ll finally be able to share all the exciting details! 🙂