These Easy Football Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies will be a hit at your next tailgating party! These blondies are easy to make and so delicious!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyPublixWin
Easy Football Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies
Football and tailgating season have officially arrived, and our house of football fans are super excited! There’s nothing better than spending the weekends watching a football game and relaxing with family and friends, while enjoying the yummiest tailgating food and cold drinks.
Of course my favorite part of the game is half-time when we get to eat dessert, so today I’ve teamed up with Dr Pepper® and Publix to share my Delicious and Easy Football Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies that are one of the cutest and yummiest football desserts out there!
These peanut butter blondies are such a delicious and easy tailgating dessert to make, and the cute football shape will impress both kids and adults alike.
Easy Football Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies Recipe
To make these easy football peanut butter blondies, start by mixing together a yellow cake mix, egg, oil, and milk in a large bowl, and carefully stir in peanut butter chips and miniature chocolate chips. Spread the batter in a parchment lined 9×13 pan and sprinkle more peanut butter chips and miniature chocolate chips on top.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 18-22 minutes or until the blondies are a light golden brown around the edges like the picture below.
The key with baking blondies to the perfect soft and chewy consistency is to not over-bake them, so make sure you keep an eye on them for the last few minutes of baking.
Once the blondies have fully cooled, it’s time to cut them into a football shape. I used this adorable football cookie cutter and it worked perfectly.
Once you’ve cut out all your footballs, you’ll be left with some scraps which can easily be cut into bite sized pieces or snacked on. I’ll let you choose! 😉
Lastly, using white decorating icing, pipe on laces on each football. They’ll look so cute, you’ll almost not want to eat them. (Almost being the keyword here- ha!)
Place your football chocolate chip peanut butter blondies on an adorable football tray like this one and feel free to serve with other yummy treats. We love chocolate covered strawberries and they paired perfectly with the blondies!
Of course no football party is complete without Dr Pepper and I absolutely adore Dr Pepper’s seasonal football packaging. Doesn’t it look so cute?
Read Next: Game Day Skinny Chicken Taco Pinwheels
Easy Football Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies
These Easy Football Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies will be a hit at your next tailgating party! My chewy blondies recipe is such an easy and delicious football dessert to make and is perfect for game day.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tube white icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, egg, oil, and milk until no dry ingredients show. Do not over mix the blondie batter.
- Stir in peanut butter chips and miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips, reserving some to sprinkle on the top.
- Place parchment paper in a glass 9×13 baking dish and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Ensure you have some overhang of parchment paper, as this will later be used to lift the blondies out of the pan once they’re finished baking.
- Spread blondie batter evenly into the pan and top with remaining peanut butter and chocolate chips. Bake in oven for 18-22 minutes or until blondies are a light golden brown around the edges.
- Place pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes, before carefully transferring the blondies on the parchment paper to the cooling rack to cool for another 10-15 minutes.
- Once the blondies are fully cooled, cut the blondies using a football shaped cookie cutter. Cut any leftovers into bite sized pieces for serving or snacking on.
- Carefully pipe white lacing on each football using white decorators icing. Serve and enjoy!
If you’re expecting a big crowd for your football party, double the batch! You can store any leftovers at room temperature in an airtight container.
Keywords: football blondies, chocolate chip peanut butter blondies, peanut butter blondies, football desserts, football shaped blondies, chocolate chip blondies, blondies
Shopping for Game Day Essentials
Since moving to Georgia we’ve loved being right beside Publix and it’s quickly became our go-to place for all our game day essentials and groceries. I was able to pick up all the ingredients to make these delicious peanut butter blondies plus other game day essentials like chips, dip, strawberries, some adorable football plates, and of course Dr Pepper!
Dr Pepper has always been my absolute favorite drink and I love its rich, indulgent, one of a kind flavor! Plus, it’s the official drink of college football fans, so no football party would be complete without it!
Be sure to stop at Publix and pick up a 12-pack of Dr Pepper with adorable football packaging to celebrate game day all season long.
Before you leave, check out more delicious desserts over here
Hope you enjoyed today’s post on my Easy Football Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies and I hope you’ll give my blondies recipe a try for your next football party! Let me know in the comments what your favorite game day menu items are.
P.S. Don’t forget to head to Publix and pick up some Dr Pepper for your next game day gathering!
Thanks for stopping by!- Cara