Looking for a fun holiday makeup look for your Christmas party? Check out this gorgeous, festive Christmas party makeup featuring colored string Christmas lights!
*This post contains affiliate links
Festive String Lights Christmas Party Makeup
Happy Friday gorgeous gals! Can you believe it’s almost Christmas?! I can’t, but I must say that I’ve really been forcing myself to slow down lately to get in the full Christmas spirit. And one of the ways I always have fun with any holiday is of course in creating festive makeup looks and today’s look is no exception.
This Festive String Lights Christmas Party Makeup look is SO much fun! With dramatic green eye makeup, a bright red lip, and a string of colored Christmas lights, you’re sure to be the light of the party. 😉
Festive String Lights Christmas Party Makeup Tutorial
After seeing several Christmas party makeup looks on Instagram featuring Christmas lights, I knew I had to do a recreation myself! I didn’t want to just do the lights on my eyelid, so instead I chose to create a string of different colored Christmas lights hanging on the side of my face.
For the eyes I kept it pretty simple in just using two festive green shades, with a darker shade in the crease winged out for added drama. I also incorporated the two green shades on my bottom lash line and smudged out for intensity. Lastly, I added black winged liner and my favorite pair of falsies for the perfect look.
Although these aren’t shades I would wear everyday, I actually really love how the green makes my blue eyes pop!
Next for the lips I chose the most gorgeous bright red Christmas shade I could find. I’m wearing one of my absolute faves- Urban Decay’s Vice Liquid Lipstick in the shade Crimson. I LOVE how it looks paired with the green eye makeup. Talk about festive and beautiful for Christmas parties!
Lastly, for the string lights I first outlined the string itself using a black liquid eyeliner pen, looping halfway down to give it more of a real look. Next, I went along and added small lines at various points on top and bottom for where the lights would be, and created a plugin cord at the bottom.
Then I carefully drew classic Christmas string light shapes out from each point. This was the most time consuming part, simply because it requires patience in getting the shape just right. If you don’t feel comfortable drawing outlines of each of the Christmas lights, you could totally omit this step and just add dots of each color, but I felt it gave it more of a realistic look.
Next, I added in beautiful colors from this Karity Eyeshadow Palette to fill in the Christmas lights, alternating colors. Then I went in with white eyeliner to add a small glowing affect to each light. Once that had time to dry, I lastly added a small touch of liquid glitter on top for extra sparkle. This liquid glitter eyeshadow from Pixi is my total go-to right now, and it’s so gorgeous. I also added a bit of it to the inner corner of my eye.
And that my friends, completes this super festive, super gorgeous string lights Christmas party makeup look! This Christmas makeup look is simply perfect if you want a fun and not overly complicated look for all the Christmas parties and festive gatherings of the season.
I paired it with a cute red and black flannel top and picked up a short string of colored led lights from Dollar Tree to wear around the neck. Doesn’t it look so cute?!
Shop The Products Used To Create This Christmas Party Makeup With String Lights:
- Eyeshadow Palette: Karity Matte 21 Shade Palette – Use Code KINDLY10 to save 10% off (Shades Used: Wicked, Medusa, Caress, Tweety, Vegas, Nyfw, Lumbia, and Enchant)
- Eyeshadow Crease Brush: Sigma Diffused Crease Brush – Use Code KINDLY to save 10% off
- Eyeshadow Lid Brush: Karity E28 Shader Brush
- Pointed Eyeshadow Brush: Sigma E30 Pencil Brush – Use Code KINDLY to save 10% off
- Foundation: Maybelline SuperStay Full Coverage Foundation
- Foundation Brush: Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki Brush – Use Code KINDLY to save 10% off
- Concealer: Tarte Shape Tape
- Bronzer: Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer in shades Bronzer
- Brow Pencil: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer Pencil
- Felt Tip Eye Liner: Physicians Formula Eye Booster Eye Liner in Ultra Black
- False Lashes: Ardell Lash Faux Mink Demi Wispies
- Glitter: Pixi by Petra Liquid Fairy Lights in Crystalline
- Highlighter: Makeup Revolution Soph X Highlighter Palette
- White Eyeliner: NYX White Liquid Liner
- Detail Brush: e.l.f. Studio Angled Eyeliner Brush
- Red Liquid Lipstick: Urban Decay Vice Liquid Lipstick in Crimson
What do you think of this Festive String Lights Christmas Party Makeup Look? I definitely had fun with this one and think it’d be so cute to wear for a fun Christmas party with family and friends. Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Thanks for stopping by!- Cara
P.S. While you’re here, check out some of my other holiday makeup looks at the links below!
Pin This Post For Later