Happy Wednesday! I am so excited that summer is officially upon us and because tomorrow marks the first day of my 13 day vacation, I thought I’d kick things off right by sharing with you an amazing summer bucket list that will have you enjoying every minute!
Summer Bucket List- 20 Fun Must-Do Activities
- Go to the beach– I’ll be marking this off my list in 4 days! 😉
- Eat popsicles– What can I say, it’s not a real summer without popsicles! My fave are bomb pops!
- Camp out– Don’t wanna go anywhere? Just pitch a tent in your backyard. It’s still fun, plus you still have all the amenities nearby. It’s a win-win!
- Make s’mores– You can’t go camping without making s’mores! If you’re looking for something a little less messy though, my s’mores in a jar are ah-mazing!
- Watch the sunset– We all should really do this year-round, but there’s something so nice about laying on a blanket outside and watching the sunset. Bonus points for counting stars. 🙂
- Eat breakfast outside– I’ve never did this, but I’m to the point in my life that I keep asking myself, why not? Why not eat breakfast outside? Seems like a pretty amazing idea to me!
- Go fishing– Okay, so I’ll admit I personally get really bored with fishing( I have zero patience) but I love watching my husband and boys fish, while I relax out in the sun.
- Swim in the lake– We don’t live near the beach, so the lake is the next best thing. It’s always nice to get out and enjoy the cool water in the summer months!
- Have a picnic– My boys adore having a picnic. From packing up a special lunch to sitting outside on a blanket, it’s so much fun. It always reminds me to enjoy the little things.
- Drive-in movie– It’s literally been years since I’ve went to the drive-in, but I have such great childhood memories of it that I definitely want to pass on the tradition to my kids now.
- Go on a roadtrip– Sometimes a spontaneous, unplanned road trip is what we all need to clear our minds and have fun.
- Have a craft day– I’m thinking a day of painting with canvases is in our near future!
- Play mini golf– Oh how I love mini golf! I’m horrible at real golf, but mini golf? I could be pro. #notreallybutistillloveit
- Go bowling– Another fun pasttime of ours is bowling! Wanna know the funny part? Our boys are almost better than me and my hubs! 😉
- Read more books– There’s nothing better than getting lost in a good book!
- Tech-free day– I’m challenging each and every one of you to do a tech-free day! Heck, if you can do one day a week, even better! Technology is great, but real life is better!
- Ride bikes– My husband and I plan to buy some bikes and hit the local trails this summer. It’s been so long since I’ve road one, and I miss it!
- Dessert for dinner– How fun would this be? Desserts, for dinner? Yes, please!
- Have a water fight– If you saw my Insta story on Sunday, you’ll know the kids already succeeded in soaking me with their water guns. 🙂
- Watch fireworks– My favorite part of summer? The 4th of July fireworks! I’m like a kid in a candy store when I see fireworks. I love them!
We’ll be heading to the Outer Banks, NC this Saturday for vacation and I’m so excited! If you’ve never been, be sure and check out my recap post from last year with some beautiful photos from our trip. I’m ready to get in some serious relaxation, feel the sand between my toes, and want to finally catch up on some reading for fun. If you’ve read any great books lately, pleas share them with me in the comments!
What’s on your summer bucket list?
Thanks for stopping by!- Cara