Curious about Rocksbox monthly designer jewelry subscription? Today I’m sharing an honest rocksbox review and a promo code to try Rocksbox for free!
*This post contains affiliate links. Please note I did receive a complimentary 3-month subscription for Rocksbox, however all opinions are 100% my own.
Honest Rocksbox Review + Promo Code for FREE Month
Happy Monday everyone! You know that saying “never say never”? Well I’m once again eating my words, as I’ve yet again fell in love with a monthly subscription box. This time it’s Rockbox- a jewelry membership service made for all the jewelry lovers of the world!
Today I’m sharing an in-depth and honest Rocksbox review, answering the most commonly asked questions, and even providing a promo code for 1 month free for all my Kindly Unspoken readers.
As this is my first time trying out Rocksbox, I’ll be sharing my full thoughts on the monthly jewelry service, who I think Rocksbox is good for, and overall whether or not I think it’s worth the money. If you’ve always been curious about Rocksbox and want to learn more, keep reading for all the details on how Rocksbox works.
Want to try Rocksbox for 1 month for FREE? Use my code kindlyunspokenxoxo at checkout here!
Read Next: Honest Boxycharm Review: Is It Worth It?
Honest Rocksbox Review- How Rocksbox Works
Rocksbox is an amazing monthly jewelry service that allows users to try out gorgeous designer jewelry items to dress up their wardrobe. With over 30 top jewelry designers like Kendra Scott, House of Harlow 1960, and Kate Spade, there’s sure to be something for every jewelry lover!
For only $21 a month, you’ll receive three pieces of jewelry at a time that are yours to wear for as long as you like! Once you’re ready to change up your look, simply put your set back in the mail using the reusable envelope and prepaid shipping label.
In case you’re curious on how exactly it works, I’ve included the process from start to finish below:
- Sign up for a Rocksbox account over here (Use my promo code kindlyunspokenxoxo for 1 FREE month)
- Fill out an easy style profile survey to let your stylist know what your preferences are (i.e. Do you prefer gold or silver jewelry, what style necklaces/earrings you do you like, what types of jewelry do you mostly wear etc.)
- Create a jewelry wishlist of 15-30 items. This was the hardest part for me, because I can be a bit indecisive when it comes to jewelry, but it was a lot of fun selecting different styles/items from designers that I might not normally choose in-store because of price.
- Within a week or so you will receive your first box with 3 jewelry items that your stylist hand-picked for you, according to your style profile and wishlist. Each box will contain at least 1 wishlist item in it.
- Once received, enjoy wearing your jewelry for as long as you like and when you’re ready, either purchase items or send them back in the provided envelope for a new box.
- Provide feedback on the items in each box, so that your stylist will continue to choose great pieces catered to your preferences in your boxes.
Rocksbox Frequently Asked Questions:
How Much Is Rocksbox?
Rocksbox currently costs $21/month, which allows you to receive 3 designer jewelry pieces at a time. The monthly fee also covers shipping costs and slight damage insurance on the jewelry.
How Many Boxes Do I Get Each Month?
The number of boxes you get each month is completely up to you, and unlike typical monthly subscriptions you’re not tied down to a set schedule with Rocksbox. If you receive a box and don’t like the items, you can easily return it for another box, or keep it for a couple of months if you really love the items.
The return process typically takes about 5 days. Of course, you also have the option to purchase any items in your box at any time. (more on this below)
Do I Have To Pay For Shipping?
No- your membership fee covers free shipping both ways every time you order/return a Rocksbox. Each box comes with a pre-paid padded envelope, making it easy to return items when you’re ready!
How Do I Purchase Items In My Box?
Purchasing an item in your Rocksbox couldn’t be easier. Simply gather the jewelry items up that you don’t want and send those back, and once received Rocksbox will automatically charge the credit card they have on file for you for the piece you kept.
If you want to buy the entire box, simply login to your Rocksbox account and select purchase my box. Another great perk of Rocksbox is your monthly membership fee of $21 goes towards any jewelry purchases you make, plus if you purchase your entire box you automatically save an additional $10 off. You may also use any referral credits earned towards purchases.
What Are Shine/Forever Credits?
All Rocksbox members earn a $21 Shine Credit each month that can be used towards jewelry purchases. These credits do expire at the end of each month and don’t accumulate, but as long as you are a member you get a new Shine Credit each month.
Forever Credits are credits that Rocksbox members can earn through referring friends and family members to Rocksbox. You can earn $25/referral and may refer up to 3 friends per month.
What Happens If A Piece Gets Damaged?
Your Rocksbox membership fee covers normal wear of all jewelry products. (lost earring back, stone falls out, etc.) Simply contact the Rocksbox team and they will guide you through the easy return/claims process.
*Please note that excessive damage and/or loss is NOT covered.
My First Rocksbox Items
The first thing I want to mention in this Rocksbox review is that I was so impressed with my very first Rocksbox that I still haven’t sent the items back yet. All of the items I received were on my wishlist and even though it’s only been a month, I’m quickly realizing which designers and styles I love and gravitate towards.
In total, the retail value of all three jewelry items in my first Rocksbox is $200. When you compare this to the low monthly fee of $21, it really is a great deal!
First up in my box were the Ava Rose Aurora Earrings in Crushed Pearl (Retail Value: $65). These are absolutely stunning and are definitely my style!
Next up is the Ava Rose Aurora Pendant in Gold and Peach Mother of Pearl (Retail Value: $75). I’m a huge pendant necklace fan and this necklace would definitely be a great piece to have and wear year-round. Plus the Mother of Pearl is absolutely beautiful.
Of all the items in my box this is the one I’ve considered purchasing the most.
Last in my box were the most pretty Zinnia Studs in Gold and Copper Turquoise from Aster (Retail Value: $60.00). These are the gorgeous earrings I wore in my recent overall dress outfit post and I LOVE the turquoise and copper color combo.
Honest Rocksbox Review: Pros & Cons
- You Can Try Out 1 Month Completely FREE! – I absolutely love that you can try out Rocksbox for 1 month for completely free to see if it’s something you’d like. There’s not a lot of subscription services out there that will let you do this, so I definitely think it’s worth taking advantage of. If you’d like to give it a try just for fun, sign up here and use my code kindlyunspokenxoxo. (Be sure and set a reminder to cancel before the renewal date if you don’t want to continue the subscription.)
- It’s Gorgeous Designer Jewelry – I think for me, the actual pieces you receive through Rocksbox really is the best part. Not only are all the jewelry pieces absolutely gorgeous, but they’re made by top designers like Kendra Scott, Kate Spade, and Sophie Harper that you’d normally pay a lot of money to individually purchase. Moreover, you get to try out the trendiest, newest collection items as soon as they’re released, and then switch it out once you’re ready for the next season.
- You Get a Personal Stylist -Having a personal stylist hand-select items for you really is awesome. Not only do they really get to know your style preferences and choose items for you accordingly, but they really do try to give you as many wishlist items as they can in each box. Having a stylist is also great for those who struggle with knowing what jewelry looks good with what and it’s fun to get to try out different styles you might not normally choose for yourself.
- It’s Less Expensive Than Buying – For those who constantly buy designer jewelry, Rocksbox really is a great way to save money and lessen the number of accessories you have cluttering up your drawer. I think it’s a great option for people who like to switch out their jewelry on a regular basis.
- It’s Not Inexpensive – I know I just said above that it’s less expensive than buying designer jewelry, but at the same token it’s not inexpensive. If you’re someone who only buys jewelry from the clearance rack at Walmart and Target a couple times a year, then Rocksbox probably isn’t for you. That said, I do think a Rocksbox subscription would make such a sweet gift for someone, as we all deserve to treat ourselves every now and then and feel special.
- Other People Wore the Jewelry – This really doesn’t bother me, but I did want to make you aware that as this is essentially a jewelry rental service, the pieces you receive each month have most likely been worn by others. Of course, all the jewelry is thoroughly sanitized and all my pieces looked completely brand new.
- It Can Be Tempting to Buy All The Pieces – The best part about Rocksbox is you get to try new jewelry pieces on the regular. The hardest part? Wanting to buy every single item in every single box. Of course, this isn’t an issue for those who have strong buying willpower, but it can be very tempting for everyone else. I will add that another perk with Rocksbox is they have a clearance section you can shop on their website, with gently-worn items up to 70% off. These are typically end of season items.
- Credits Can’t Be Used For Your Membership – Last but not least, shine credits and forever credits unfortunately can’t be used towards your monthly membership fee. I honestly wish they would change this, but for now your credits can only be used for jewelry purchases in your boxes.
My Honest Rocksbox Review- Do I Recommend It?
Overall, I definitely recommend Rocksbox and I think it’s an amazing jewelry subscription service. As someone who previously has never worn a lot of designer jewelry, it really has been nice to try out different pieces and feel “fancy” for a change. 😉
That said, it really is up to the individual themselves on whether or not they would like a monthly jewelry subscription and whether or not the price-point works for you and your budget.
Again, I think Rocksbox is perfect for jewelry lovers, those who love the designer look but want to save a little money, and people who constantly like to switch up their accessories.
And personally, I think Rocksbox would be an excellent gift to give someone for their birthday or Christmas. (How many times have you bought a jewelry piece that someone didn’t end up liking/wearing?)
With Rocksbox there’s no guesswork and the person gets to choose items according to their own style preference. It’s a win-win!
If it sounds like something you’re interested in, you can try it out for 1 month completely free using my promo code kindlyunspokenxoxo.
Even if you just want to try it out for fun, just make sure you set a reminder to cancel before it renews, that way you won’t be charged!
Hope you enjoyed today’s honest Rocksbox review and if you’ve been on the fence with trying it out, I hope I helped answer any questions you had.
Have you ever tried out Rocksbox? What are your thoughts? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for stopping by!- Cara
Pin This Post For Later