Forget the makeup meltdowns and check out the 3 Best Drugstore Setting Sprays You Need. These drugstore setting sprays are affordable, long-lasting, and will help your makeup and skin look fresh and beautiful all day long.
The 3 Best Drugstore Setting Sprays You Need
Ever wondered what are the best drugstore setting sprays? Curious if a setting spray really works? Are drugstore setting sprays better than high end?
Today I’m SO excited to share a roundup of The 3 Best Drugstore Setting Sprays You Actually Need!
With so many setting sprays out there, it can sometimes feel overwhelming trying to find the best setting spray for your skin type and skin needs, but thankfully I’m here to save the day!
Over the years, I’ve pretty much tried every drugstore setting spray imaginable on the hunt for the best of the best, and I’m happy to report, the search is over.
In addition to sharing the 3 best drugstore setting sprays you actually need, I’m also gonna share why it’s SO important to use a setting spray and a couple of my favorite tips + tricks. Make sure you keep reading to the end of this post so you don’t miss them! 🙂
Shop the 3 Best Drugstore Setting Sprays at a Glance:
$9.69 ($4.84 / Fl Oz)
Setting Spray FAQ’s
What’s a setting spray?
Makeup setting spray, also sometimes called “finishing spray” or “setting mist”, is a liquid mist used to prevent fading, smudging, and creasing, and increase the longevity of your makeup look.
The most common ingredient in most setting sprays is water, which helps hydrate the skin, but setting sprays can also contain other ingredients to include polymers, alcohol, and/or skincare ingredients.
Does setting spray really work?
Setting sprays are crucial in keeping your makeup looking great all day long!
If you often wonder why your makeup looks like a hot mess a couple hours after you applied it, or wonder why your makeup quickly smudges/fades, it could be because you’re not using a setting spray, or because you are using the wrong type of setting spray for your skin type.
Check out my recommendations below to ensure you’re using the correct setting spray.
Is a setting spray necessary?
While I wouldn’t always consider it a necessity to wear setting spray over a very light and minimal makeup look, setting sprays are absolutely necessary when you are wearing full-coverage makeup looks.
A setting spray is also a total must-have for special occasions and events where you want to ensure your makeup stays in place for an extended period of time.
I would also strongly recommend using setting spray during hotter months where heat/humidity can impact your makeup.
Do you need primer and setting spray?
For a light, everyday makeup look, you probably don’t need both a primer and a setting spray, but for full face makeup looks it can help tremendously in keeping your makeup in place and help ensure your makeup remains fresh-looking all day.
The good news, is this amazing setting spray functions as both a primer and setting spray in one, making it an amazing choice!
Do you use setting spray before or after makeup?
Generally, you want to apply setting spray after you have finished creating your makeup look to lock everything in place.
One exception to this rule is if you are using a multi-purpose setting spray to prep + prime the skin.
If that’s the case you would spray it on before applying your makeup, and then also spray it on at the end to “set” the look.
What is the best drugstore setting spray for oily skin?
Matte setting sprays like this one tend to be a better choice for those with oily or combination skin, because it helps control excess oil, while also helping your makeup look last longer.
What is the best drugstore setting spray for dry skin?
If you have dry or dehydrated skin, I’d recommend using a non-matte setting spray like this with a dewy or satin finish.
Matte setting sprays tend to contain higher amounts of alcohol in them to help absorb excess oil, which can be too drying on dry or dehydrated skin.
Tip: If your skin feels extra dry, make sure you apply moisturizer to the skin before applying foundation. For recommendations, check out The Best Paraben-Free Moisturizers.
The 3 Best Drugstore Setting Sprays You Need
Best Drugstore Setting Spray EVER
If you’re looking for the best drugstore setting spray that will never disappoint, this is it.
This multi-purpose setting spray can be used as a primer or finishing spray, and the formula helps hydrate + smooth the skin for a beautiful, more radiant complexion. It’s also a total must-have for heat/humidity.
This drugstore setting spray is seriously AMAZING, and I’m always shook at the fact it’s under $10!
Reasons You’ll Love It
- Multi-tasking spray that preps, smoothes, and sets the makeup
- Great for all skin types
- Long-lasting, with up to 16 hours of wear
- Gives the skin a gorgeous, satin finish
Best Drugstore Setting Spray for Dry Skin
Are you all about that glowy skin? Then let me introduce you to your new bestie!
This multi-tasking setting spray can be used as both a primer and setting spray, and contains soothing and hydrating ingredients that leave the skin looking and feeling ultra refreshed.
I find myself reaching for this amazing setting spray in the cooler months when my skin tends to be drier, and it really helps calm, smooth, and hydrate.
Reasons You’ll Love It:
- 2-in-1 primer and setting spray
- Great for dry, sensitive, or mature skin types
- Contains aloe vera + cucumber that soothes and hydrates
- Gives the skin a hydrated and dewy finish
Best Drugstore Setting Spray for Oily Skin
Are you the type of person who LOVES a matte finish makeup look?
Then this best-selling drugstore setting spray is for you!
Not only does it help lock your makeup in place for all day wear, but it also helps keep excess oil at bay – making it the perfect choice for those with oily or combination skin.
Reasons You’ll Love It:
- Controls oil and extends makeup wear
- Great for oily or combination skin types
- #1 most popular matte setting spray in America
- Gives the skin a beautiful, matte finish
Tips and Tricks for Applying Setting Spray
- Put on this makeup headband to prevent soaking your hair with setting spray.
- After applying all of your makeup, hold the setting spray 6-8 inches away from the face and spray in an “X” and “T” to ensure it applies evenly all over the face.
- Use this small fan to more quickly dry down your setting spray. I like to fan my entire face until it’s about 90% dried.
- Once your setting spray is almost dried, use a slightly damp beauty sponge and dab any excess product into the skin. This helps ensure everything is evenly blended and helps further “lock” your makeup look in place.
- If desired, you can apply a light spritz of setting spray to a concealer brush and lightly dab over the undereye area. I’ve found this helps prevent creasing and can also help re-hydrate the undereye area.
More Drugstore Makeup Recommendations:
- 25 Drugstore Makeup Must-Haves
- Best Drugstore Lip Glosses
- Best Drugstore Mascaras for Lengthening
- Best Drugstore Blushes
- Best Drugstore Highlighters
- Ultimate Drugstore Makeup Kit for Beginners
- Best Drugstore Makeup on Amazon
I hope you enjoyed today’s roundup of The 3 Best Drugstore Setting Sprays! Have you tried any of these setting sprays? Which one is your favorite?
Let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for stopping by! – Cara
Pin This Post