Happy Monday everyone and Happy Blogiversary to me! For today’s post, I want to share with you some of the things I’ve learned over the past year, my 5 favorite posts I’ve written so far, and I’m also including a quick reader survey at the end that I’d love to have each of you complete. This has been such a crazy, wonderful year, and I’m excited to see what’s in store for me next!
One Year Blogiversary
I can’t even fathom the fact that it has already been one whole year since I started on this blogging journey, but what an amazing journey it has been. I can still remember both the excitement and nerves I had in my stomach this time last year, as I took a huge leap of faith and started sharing my stories and creativity with the world. It’s taken a lot of hard work, time, dedication, and countless late nights, but I can honestly say blogging for me is one of the most rewarding things I’ve ever did.
I’ve always dreamed of being able to share my passions with the world and blogging has made that possible. Not only does this blog allow me to share my love for makeup, fashion, and baking, but most importantly it allows me to share MY voice and my stories. I think we are all put on this earth for a reason, and I truly want to help others through providing words of encouragement. I want people to know that I’m 100% real just like them and I share similar struggles, and even though we all may travel on different pathways, we’re all in this together. Most importantly, just like the name of my blog, it’s my life goal to spread kindness wherever I go to whomever I meet. A little kindness goes a long way, and showing compassion to one another is what it’s all about.
So whether you’re brand new to my blog or have been following along with me for awhile, from the depths of my heart I want to say thank-you! I appreciate each and every one of you who has ever taken the time out of your busy day to visit my little blog, read a post, like a photo of mine, or leave me a comment. It truly makes my day and I promise you it never goes unnoticed. Being able to meet so many incredible people around the world that I would have never met or connected with otherwise has been such an amazing experience, and I’m so thankful for it.
What I’ve Learned from Blogging
You Won’t Succeed Unless You Try
Like everything in life, you must take risks in order to grow. It was a scary feeling to put myself out there when I first started blogging, and I’ll be honest there are days where I still get nervous before I post something. But at the end of the day you won’t succeed unless you try. You’ll never move forward with anything unless you take that first step, and even when it’s scary and you want to give up, do it anyways. Everyone who’s gotten anywhere did it by taking that first leap of faith, and I’ll bet you anything they would tell you it was worth it all in the end.
Happiness is Found When You Stop Comparing Yourself to Other People
It can be so easy to fall into the trap of comparison in the blogging world and question your own abilities, but that does nothing except let negativity consume you. And for what? We’re all different, we are all unique, and you can’t compare apples to oranges. You also can’t compare your beginning to someone else’s 10th chapter. When you can let go of comparison you can find what truly makes you happy, and it’s a beautiful thing. We are all special and worthy and there’s no sense in spending your life wanting to be like someone else. God made you exactly the way you are for a reason.
Success is a Journey Not a Destination
This is honestly the biggest lesson I’ve learned over the past year, but it’s been so valuable. When I look back at some of my very first posts on this blog, I’m almost shocked at the differences compared to now. While I still value each and every post on my blog, I’ve learned so much and continually work on making improvements to both my writing and my photography. But it’s a process and it takes time, and success doesn’t happen overnight. Learning that everything doesn’t have to be perfect and the fact that there’s always going to be something else to learn and improve on has been so important. And also realizing that success isn’t defined as an end of the road destination,but rather it’s a journey and enjoying those small victories along the way is what it’s all about.
My 5 Fave Posts on Kindly Unspoken
- Perfectionism is Overrated– This was the first time I really opened myself up and made myself vulnerable in talking about my struggle with perfectionism. And I’ll be the first to admit, it was super scary. But I was so overtaken with the flood of nice comments and the amount of people out there who truly related to this, that it just further confirmed my main goal of wanting to help others through my writings and words of encouragement.
- Mom’s Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies– This post was literally intended to be a sweet dedication to my Mom for Mother’s Day and never in my wildest dreams did I think it was going to take off and go viral. But it totally did, and I’m still in awe of the fact it has been Yummed over 16,000 times. What?! But seriously, they are the BEST cookies ever. I promise you.
- Before You Know It – I wrote this post back before I started blogging and knew if I ever had the courage to start a blog, I wanted to share it so that other moms and mom-to-be’s could read it.
- Valentine’s Day Outfit: Two Ways– Even though the photos are blurry, (don’t take photos on an iPhone in bad lighting!) I love this post because it was one of the first times I started sharing my love for fashion on the blog. I’ve always loved to be creative in coming up with multiple ways to style outfits, and I enjoyed getting to share that passion on here.
- Fall Inspired Brown Smoky Eye– Last but not least, I couldn’t leave out my first ever sponsored post. What makes it even more special is the fact that my first post was a Fall Inspired Makeup Look, which I’m pretty sure only a handful of people saw, and less than a year later my dreams came true in landing a sponsorship.
Again, I would like to thank each and every one of you for following along with my blog and I thank you for your continued support! If you could please take this quick and painless survey (It’s only 10 easy questions), I would be eternally grateful. It will be super helpful in planning out my future posts! 🙂
Hope you all enjoyed today’s post, and if you’re a blogger I hope that blogging brings you as much joy as it does me! Have a great Monday!
Thanks for stopping by!- Cara