What’s more spooky for Halloween than spider makeup? Check out this fun and gorgeous spooky spider makeup halloween look featuring 3D spider legs!
Spooky Spider Makeup Halloween Look
Happy Monday friends! We’re just 2 days away from Halloween and I’m SO excited to share this spooky yet gorgeous spider makeup look with you today!
Spider Halloween makeup looks have been trending all over Instagram this year and I’ve been dying to give one of the spider eye makeup looks a try.
Even though in real life I’m not a huge fan of spiders, I love the fun illusion of having a spider on your eye with this makeup look, and I love that it adds a spook factor to an otherwise pretty and vampy makeup look.
I’m so in love with how this 3-D spider makeup turned out and I must say I’m quite proud of my free-hand skills on this one. Although I wouldn’t consider this a beginner makeup look, it’s definitely something anyone can create with a little practice, patience, and a steady hand.
If you want to see all the details on how to create this spider makeup and all the products I used, then keep reading and be sure and check out some of my other Halloween makeup looks from years past via the links below.
Looking for more Halloween makeup inspiration? Check out these other fun halloween makeup looks you’ll love!
- Easy Galaxy Makeup
- Beautiful and Easy Deer Makeup
- DIY Zombie Makeup & Costume
- Cute & Easy Raccoon Mask
- 5 Pretty & Easy Halloween Makeup Looks
*This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Kindly Unspoken Blog!
Spider Makeup Halloween Look Tutorial
- This spider makeup look starts out with a basic smokey eye featuring dark black and brown shades for a super sultry look. (This matte eyeshadow palette is my go-to right now.) Begin by first patting black eyeshadow all over the eyelid up to the crease. Next use a clean, fluffy blending brush and softly smoke out the black into the crease, followed by blending a deep brown shade into the crease as a nice transition color.
- Next, apply that same black shade to the inner rim of the bottom lash line and slightly smudge it out.
- Apply a full coverage foundation all over the face and concealer to the under eye area to make the eyes look bright and awake. Contour the cheek bones and temples of the forehead with bronzer to add warmth to the face.
- Using a pointed felt tip liquid eye liner (this one is my fave) carefully begin drawing each spider leg one at a time. I recommend working from the nose outward to the hairline, as this helps you better control the spacing between each leg. (The key to creating realistic spider legs here is to make sure you draw points and arch the legs in a manner that a real spider would.)
- After you have all the legs drawn on with this spider makeup look, now it’s time to make it look 3D with shadowing. Dip a small pointed eyeshadow brush into the same deep black shade that is on the lid and brush off excess product onto the side of your hand. Begin drawing almost an exact replica of the spider legs out from it, just a shadow would show. Make sure you’re being very light-handed here with the product, as you don’t want it to look like harsh lines.
- Lastly, it’s time to go in with some white face paint to really bring your spider makeup to life. Using a detail eyeliner brush apply white to the bends of all the spider legs, and slightly blend out to give it a more realistic look.
- Apply a pair of dramatic false lashes to the non-spider makeup eye, and apply a deep red liquid lipstick like this one to the lips to complete this makeup look.
*Special Note– Once you have all the spider legs completed, you might have to fill in the spider’s “body” more with black eyeshadow to get the perfect shape. Feel free to adjust the size of the spider’s body as needed to fit your eye shape.
The completed spider makeup look is so fun and dramatic and would be the perfect look for any halloween party! I recommend pairing it with a black dress or black top to keep the look vampy.
As you can see in the photos this spider makeup looks great with either your hair up or down, and you could easily add faux spiders to your hair for an extra fun touch!
Shop The Products Used To Create This Spider Makeup Halloween Look:
- Eyeshadow Palette: Karity Matte 21 Shade Palette – Use Code KINDLY10 to save 10% off (Shades Used: Disturbia, Nimbus, Huntress, Caress)
- Eyeshadow Crease Brush: Sigma Diffused Crease Brush – Use Code KINDLY to save 10% off
- Eyeshadow Lid Brush: Karity E28 Shader Brush
- Pointed Eyeshadow Brush: Sigma E30 Pencil Brush – Use Code KINDLY to save 10% off
- Foundation: Maybelline SuperStay Full Coverage Foundation
- Foundation Brush: Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki Brush – Use Code KINDLY to save 10% off
- Concealer: Tarte Shape Tape
- Bronzer: Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer in shades Bronzer
- Brow Pencil: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer Pencil
- Felt Tip Eye Liner: Physicians Formula Eye Booster Eye Liner in Ultra Black
- False Lashes: Kiss Look So Natural Lashes in Sultry
- White Face Paint for detailing: Mehron Clown White Face Paint
- Detail Brush: e.l.f. Studio Angled Eyeliner Brush
- Liquid Lipstick: Karity Lip Lock Liquid Lipstick in Tick Tick Boom – Use Code KINDLY10 to save 10% off
What do you think of this Spooky Spider Makeup look for Halloween? Would you wear it? If so, I hope you’ll give this fun spider eye makeup look a try next time you’re feeling spooky!
Leave me a comment below with a makeup creation you’ve been dying to try this year!
Thanks for stopping by!- Cara
P.S. In case you missed my previous halloween makeup looks, check them out below!
Pin This Post For Later