Freshen up your spring makeup with my favorite spring makeup trends and products. I’m sharing pretty spring makeup looks to re-create and new drugstore makeup recommendations and affordable makeup products to try.
Spring Makeup Trends & Products to Try
Spring has arrived and minus the ridiculously high pollen levels here in Georgia, I’m totally here for it! The spring season always makes me super happy because not only can I get outside more and enjoy the beautiful weather, but I also love it for the makeup.
Fresh-faced makeup, dewy skin, and lots of bright, fun colors makes my creative heart oh so happy.
Springtime is the perfect time to break out of your shell and try something fun with your makeup, so today I’m sharing some of my favorite spring makeup trends to try with easy tips for adding a little flair to your spring makeup looks.
I’m also sharing some of my favorite drugstore makeup and affordable makeup products at the moment that you’ll definitely want to check out!
Related Posts You’ll Love:
4 Spring Makeup Trends to Try (with products you’ll love)
*This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Kindly Unspoken Blog!
Spring Makeup Trend #1 – Fresh + Glowy Skin
You guys already know I’m all about that glow year-round, but spring is THE time to trade in your matte, full-coverage foundation for something a little lighter that lets your natural skin shine through.
Tinted moisturizers, dewy foundations, cc creams, and glowy primers/setting sprays are total must-haves for the spring and summer season ahead.
One of my newest faves is the wet n wild Dewy Foundation. I’ve been testing it out for about a month now and absolutely LOVE it. It has a beautiful, dewy finish with a buildable light-medium coverage, and honestly just makes your skin look better.
I’ve been pairing it with the Burt’s Bees Natural Bronzer Stick for the perfect sun-kissed look and love how the two products look together!
Favorite Glowing Skin Products for Spring:
- wet n wild Dewy Foundation – I’m honestly shook at how good this foundation is considering the fact it’s only $6.49!
- IT Cosmetics CC Cream with SPF 50+ – My tried and true CC cream that I use every spring/summer season. Has amazing coverage and lasts all day!
- Burt’s Bees Natural All Aglow Bronzer Stick – This cream bronzer stick is so easy to apply and instantly brightens the face up.
- NYX Honey Dew Me Up Skin Serum & Primer – LOVE using this primer/serum before applying foundation. It adds such a pretty, luminous glow.
- Peach & Lily Glass Skin Refining Serum – This is my GO-TO on days when my skin needs a little boost of hydration. Makes my skin feel so silky and smooth.
- Physicians Formula Rosé All Stay Illuminating Setting Spray – My ride or die setting spray for the most gorgeous, irridescent glow! So affordable too!
Spring Makeup Trend #2 – Pastel Colors on the Eyes
Adding a little more color to your makeup looks is always a great tip for the warmer months, but one of the top spring makeup trends this year is pastel eyeshadow.
Colors like pink, yellow, lilac purple, teal blue, peach, and mint green are super popular right now and add a fun pop of color to the eyes.
My go-to colorful palettes lately have been the I Heart Revolution Donut Palettes, which is what I’m wearing in these photos. For this look I used the Strawberry Sprinkles for the eyelid and Blueberry Crush for my liner.
Bright shades can of course be applied all-over the eyelid, but another fun way to use bright shades is by blending it in the crease and wearing a more neutral look on the rest of the eye. I do this all the time with orange and pink shades and love how it looks with my blue eyes.
Favorite Eye Makeup Products for Spring:
- I Heart Revolution Donut Eyeshadow Palettes – These fun little palettes are adorable with bright, pastel colors perfect for spring!
- Colourpop She’s a Rainbow Palette – If you want gorgeous colors in every shade of the rainbow, this palette is for you. Love that it has both pastels and bright shadows.
- Essence False Lash Princess Mascara – This has been my favorite mascara as of lately. It’s so great at lengthening/volumizing and is under $5!
Spring Makeup Trend #3 – Bright, Glossy Lips
Glossy lips are back in town this year and I love it! Instead of reaching for your matte lipsticks this spring season, try switching it up with some creamy lipsticks and hydrating lip glosses instead.
Spring is also the perfect time to wear more brighter, fun shades like coral, orange-based reds, and bright pink shades.
My favorite lipsticks at the moment are the wet n wild Megalast High Shine Lipsticks, which I recently reviewed over here. The colors are stunning and the glossy, shiny finish is so pretty on the lips, giving them a fuller look. I’m wearing the shade “Strawberry Lingerie” in the photo above and can’t get over how pretty the color is.
I also love the Physicians Formula Butter Lip Creams for spring time, as they’re super hydrating like a lip balm. You can see the full review of those here with swatches.
Favorite Lip Products for Spring:
- wet n wild Megalast High Shine Lip Colors – A gorgeous high-shine finish lipstick with absolutely beautiful shades!
- Physicians Formula Butter Lip Creams – These have a finish similar to a lip balm but are as pigmented as lipsticks. Super creamy and hydrating!
- Dominique Cosmetics Strawberry Lemonade Lip Gloss – Love this shade and finish. Adds the perfect glossy sheen to the lips and can be worn alone or over another color.
Spring Makeup Trend #4 – Artistic Eyeliner
Last but not least, artistic eyeliner is totally in this year! That means lots of fun variations of winged liner, bright colored liner, and creating double liner looks with a fun black+white combo.
I’m excited to really start playing around with this trend as I’m a huge fan of winged liner, and love the idea of incorporating different colors and shapes.
Lately, I’ve been adding a colorful shade to my bottom rim (like in the photo above) and I love how it instantly brightens the eye and adds some fun to the look. Some of my favorite shades for blue eyes include turquoise, mint green, purple, and light orange.
Favorite Eyeliner Products for Spring:
- NYX Epic Ink Eyeliner – My absolute favorite drugstore black liquid eyeliner for creating all kinds of black wings.
- NYX Vivid Brights Eyeliner – These bright colors are so fun for spring and summer and the liquid formula is very easy to apply!
- Winged Eyeliner Stamp – An easy to use eyeliner stamp for creating different winged liner looks
Recent Posts to Read Next:
Hope you enjoyed today’s post on Spring Makeup Trends & Products to Try! Which Spring makeup trend do you love the most? I’ve been having fun over the last week or so just playing around with makeup again and hope to share some fun tutorial posts very soon. Let me know if you have any requests below!
Thanks for stopping by! – Cara
Pin This Post