These Sweet and Salty Candy Corn Bars feature a cake mix crust and are topped with peanuts, marshmallows, rice krispies, peanut butter, and candy corn! These candy corn peanut bars are delicious and easy to make.
Sweet & Salty Candy Corn Bars
If you’re a candy corn lover, then you’re gonna go head over heels for today’s fall dessert. Today I’m sharing the easy peasy recipe for my Sweet and Salty Candy Corn Bars, and they’re incredibly delicious!
These Sweet and Salty Candy Corn Bars feature a cake mix crust, marshmallow filling, and are topped with a yummy sweet and salty layer made with rice cereal, roasted peanuts, peanut butter, and of course candy corn.
They have the perfect sweet and salty flavor, crunch from the rice cereal and peanuts, and a delicious sweetness from the peanut butter and candy corn. Even better, you can make these Candy Corn Bars in less than 30 minutes time with just a few ingredients.
More Dessert Bars You’ll Love:
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie Bars
- Loaded Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies
- Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
Sweet & Salty Candy Corn Bars Recipe
Candy corn will forever be one of my favorite fall treats, and as soon as it hits the shelves I can’t help but buy some for me and the boys. Aside from just snacking on it by itself, one of the things I’ve always loved to do is mix it up with peanuts for the perfect sweet and salty combo, and these candy corn bars are the best of both worlds.
These Sweet and Salty Candy Corn Bars have 3 delicious layers including a cake bar crust, a marshmallow filling, and a sweet and salty topping. These candy corn bars are incredibly easy to make and you only need just a few tools and ingredients to make them.
To make the cake bar crust, you only need 3 ingredients including a yellow cake mix, butter, and 1 large egg. Simply melt your butter, add your cake mix and egg, and stir until a crust-like mixture forms.
Carefully press the mixture with your hands into the bottom of a greased 9×13 baking pan, or if desired you can also line the bottom with parchment paper. Bake for 12-15 minutes in a preheated 350 F degree oven.
Next, immediately pour 3 cups of marshmallows on top of your cake bar crust, and bake for an additional 5 minutes in the oven. After 5 minutes your marshmallows will be perfectly puffed up and melted. Remove from the oven and let cool on a cooling rack while you prepare your topping layer.
To make your topping, melt butter in a large pot over medium heat and add in peanut butter, corn syrup, and vanilla. Stir all the ingredients together until melted, smooth, and creamy. Next, add in 2 cups of rice cereal and 2 cups of roasted peanuts and stir until combined. Immediately pour the mixture over the marshmallow layer and gently press candy corn on top.
You can use as much or as little candy corn as you want, but make sure you lightly press it into the top layer, otherwise they will just fall off. We personally only added about 1 cup of candy corn. Before cutting your bars, cover them and place them in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour. This helps the bars set up and makes it a lot easier to cut.
Once ready to eat, remove from the fridge, cut, and enjoy!
Sweet & Salty Candy Corn Bars
These Sweet and Salty Candy Corn Bars feature a cake mix crust and are topped with peanuts, marshmallows, rice krispies, peanut butter, and candy corn!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 24 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 1 boxed yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups rice cereal
- 2 cups salted, roasted peanuts
- Candy Corn
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly spray a 9×13 baking pan with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, heat the butter at 30 second increments until the butter is melted. Add in the dry cake mix and one egg and stir until well combined.
- Using your hands carefully press the crust into the bottom of the greased pan and bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove crust from the oven and immediately pour mini marshmallows on top and bake in the oven for an additional 5 minutes,or until the marshmallows are melted.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool, while preparing your topping.
- In a large pot, melt the butter on medium heat. Add in peanut butter, corn syrup, and vanilla and continue to stir until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add in the rice cereal and peanuts and stir until combined. Remove from heat and evenly pour the mixture over the marshmallows. Next, gently press however much candy corn you want on top.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to set (this will make it easier to cut).
- When ready to eat, remove from the fridge, cut your bars with a knife, and enjoy!
Leftover bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Keywords: candy corn bars, candy corn marshmallow bars, candy corn treats, candy corn dessert bars, candy corn dessert, candy corn cake bars, easy candy corn bars, candy corn peanut bars
More Delicious Fall Desserts:
I hope you enjoyed today’s recipe for my Sweet and Salty Candy Corn Bars and will try making a batch of these dessert bars soon. Are you a lover of candy corn too? Let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for stopping by! – Cara
Pin This Post