These Easy 4-Ingredient Caramel Spice Cake Mix Cookies are soft, chewy, and the most delicious fall cookie. Bake them in the oven in just 10 minutes time!
Easy Caramel Spice Cake Mix Cookies (4 Ingredients)
If you’re a fall food lover looking for a quick and easy dessert recipe, then you are going to absolutely LOVE today’s new cookie recipe.
These Caramel Spice Cake Mix Cookies are soft, chewy, and bursting with all the delicious flavors of Fall.
These spice cake mix cookies really couldn’t be any more perfect for Fall, and they’re unbelievably easy to make with just 4 ingredients!
These caramel spice cookies also only take around 10 minutes to bake in the oven, so they’re the perfect choice when you want some cookies FAST.
Keep reading for the full recipe below and watch my full YouTube tutorial here.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel for weekly recipes!
Easy Caramel Spice Cake Mix Cookies
These Caramel Spice Cake Mix Cookies are perfect for making for the Fall and holiday season ahead and are great whenever you’re craving something yummy and sweet.
I just love how all the delicious fall spices including cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves pair with the sweet flavor of caramel for the perfect flavor combo!
These cake mix cookies are also ridiculously simple to make and you can even switch them up with other add-in’s to change up the flavor.
Be sure and check out my tips and recommended tools below for ways to make these cookies even better.
4 Ingredient Spice Cake Cookies with Caramel
Ingredients for Spice Cake Mix Cookies
- 15.25 oz Spice Cake Mix (I recommend Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker)
- Vegetable or Canola Oil
- Large Eggs
- Caramel Bits (I recommend Kraft brand)
Recommended Kitchen Tools
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Rubber Spatula
- Electric Hand Mixer
- Measuring Cups
- Cookie Scoop Set
- Cookie Sheets
- Pre-Cut Parchment Paper
- Cooling Rack
- Large White Serving Platter
- Cookie Airtight Storage Container
Tips on How to Make Caramel Spice Cake Mix Cookies
But there are a few quick tips and recommendations I’ve included below that help make this recipe even more simple to make.
Cake Mix Size – Use a 15.25 ounce box of spice cake mix for this recipe. This is the size most commonly sold in grocery stores. I love using Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker, but any brand will work.
Use an Electric Mixer – Do your arm a favor and use an electric mixer to mix your dough. This cookie dough batter is very thick and sticky and using an electric mixer makes it so much easier and is a lot quicker than stirring by hand.
Chill The Dough – As mentioned above, cake mix cookie dough is very thick and sticky to work with. After mixing your cookie dough and before baking in the oven, it is imperative to chill it for a minimum of 15 minutes in the fridge. It makes it a lot easier to work with!
Use Parchment Paper – I ALWAYS recommend using parchment paper when baking cookies in the oven, but I especially encourage it for these cake mix cookies. Simply line your baking sheet with parchment paper, and not only will your cookies bake in the oven more evenly, but it makes clean-up a breeze.
Use a Cookie Scoop – Last but not least, use this medium size cookie scoop for scooping out your dough. It’s quick, simple, and you can use this affordable cookie scoop set for SO many things!
Check out more tips and tricks on how to make box cake better here!
Want to make these cookies slightly different? Here’s just a few delicious ideas!
- For a different flavor – Substitute caramel bits for white chocolate chips, butterscotch, or cinnamon chips or do half and half a delicious combo.
- For an added crunch – Add in 1/2 cup of your favorite baking nut such as pecans, walnuts, or almonds.
- For texture – Add in 1/4 cup old fashioned oats and 1/4 cup nuts
- To make them even sweeter – Roll the cookie dough balls in a cinnamon sugar mixture before baking. (I recommend 1/4 cup sugar + 1 tbsp cinnamon)
Spice Cake Mix Cookie Storage Instructions
Store leftover caramel spice cake cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Use parchment paper between layers so they do not stick together.
Spice cake mix cookies can also be frozen for up to 3 months in a freezer safe bag or container.
Cookies can be thawed at room temperature and re-heated in the microwave until warm, or can also be re-heated from frozen for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until warm.
More Cake Mix Desserts:
- 20 Easy Cake Mix Cookies
- 20 Easy Poke Cakes
- Easy Cake Mix Donuts
- Easy Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- Cake Mix Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Easy Caramel Spice Cake Mix Cookies (4 Ingredients)
These Easy 4-Ingredient Caramel Spice Cake Mix Cookies are soft, chewy, and the most delicious fall cookie. Bake them in just 10 minutes time!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Chill Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 9 minutes
- Total Time: 29 minutes
- Yield: 12 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 15.25 ounce box spice cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup caramel bits
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the spice cake mix, oil, and eggs using an electric hand mixer. Mix until the ingredients are fully combined and no dry cake batter remains showing.
- Next, add in the caramel bits and stir until combined. Place cookie dough in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to chill.
- Using a medium size cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie dough evenly spaced apart onto the parchment paper lined cookie sheet. If desired, top each cookie with a few more caramel bits.
- Bake in the oven for 9-12 minutes or until the cookies are set. They will still be slightly soft when you remove from the oven.
- Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool for 5 more minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy with a cold glass of milk or hot apple cider!
Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months in a freezer-safe bag.
Keywords: spice cake mix cookies, spice cake cookies, spice cookies, cake mix cookies, easy cake mix cookies, caramel spice cookies, caramel spice cake mix cookies, cake mix cookies with caramel, caramel cookies
More Cake Mix Cookies You’ll Love:
I hope you enjoyed today’s recipe for my Easy Caramel Spice Cake Mix Cookies! Do you love how easy cake mix cookies are too? Let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for stopping by! – Cara
Pin This Post